You may satisfy the Meningococcal Conjugate requirement in either of the following ways:
- One dose of the Meningococcal Conjugate (MCV4) vaccine no earlier than four days before your 16th birthday.
- Common brand names in the United States include Menactra (Men ACWY-D) and Menveo (Men ACWY-CRM).
- Men B, Mexsero, and MPSV do not fulfill this requirement, nor do MCV4 vaccines received earlier than four days before your 16th birthday; if you only have these vaccines, you will still be required to get an MCV4 vaccine.
- Note: There are two types of meningococcal vaccines for serogroups A, C, W, and Y available in the United States: polysaccharide and conjugate vaccines. Neither type of vaccine contains live meningococcal bacteria.
By exemption based on age
- If you are not yet 16 years old by the formal deadline, you are exempt for the time being from the MCV4 requirement. Once you turn 16, you will need to comply with this requirement.
- If you are already 22 years old by the formal deadline, you are exempt from the MCV4 requirement.