Get Involved at UHS

Opportunities to get involved with UHS

Peer Education Programs

Serving as a peer health educator provides an opportunity to learn about the field of health promotion while also helping other students and making a difference in the campus community. 

Health Worker Program

The Health Worker Program is a peer health education program dedicated to promoting healthy personal and residential community practices, including self-care, risk management, and use of health care services. Health Workers work individually and as part of a team, and typically serve for 1-2 years in their residential or academic community. 

Applications: Please review the Health Worker Role and Responsibilities description. See the recruitment flyer and video below for more information. 

Applications open annually in March! Applications are evaluated and accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. 

Applications for PHC and IFC Health Worker positions will open during the Fall semester. Please check back for more information then. 

Contact: Email any questions to


PartySafe works to reduce alcohol-related risk and harm by improving alcohol and party management in the campus community. Peer Advocates conduct outreach, trainings, consultations, and interventions with multiple stakeholders and assist with campus events that promote alcohol risk reduction.

Contact: Health Promotion,, (510) 642-7202

Sexual Health Education Program (SHEP)

The Sexual Health Education Program (SHEP) is a peer health education program dedicated to promoting sex positivity and harm reduction. SHEP students provide accurate, non-judgmental information about sexual health via individual appointments, group workshops, campus events, educational blogs, and courses such as PH 180.

Applications open annually in March! View the SHEP webpage for more information about the application process.

Contact: Robin Mills,, (510) 642-3620

Volunteering Programs

Serving as a UHS volunteer exposes you to the dynamics of how health services are delivered within a university setting and provides an introduction to fields such as allergy, health education, pharmacy, and physical therapy. 

Community Volunteer Program (non-students)

UHS welcomes applications from non-UC Berkeley students to support our commitment to opportunities for our surrounding community and healthcare partners. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Community volunteers typically work a total of four hours or more per week for a predetermined period and may provide client reception services, general office support, assistance at UHS events, and service from our Information Center. Community Volunteers must complete a background check and health clearance and are required to complete all training a UHS staff member would, including HIPAA/FERPA and CANRA training, among others.  Space is limited, and all applicants will be mindfully considered. Please contact Administrative Supervisor, Ashley Campos at with any questions.  

Please complete the Community Volunteer interest form to apply.

Contact: Ashley Campos, arcampos@berkeley.edu510-643-8569.

Pharmacy Volunteer Program 

The UHS Student Pharmacy Volunteer Program provides students with the opportunity to be introduced to the pharmacy profession and exposed to the dynamics of a clinic pharmacy serving students in a university setting. Student volunteers serve for one academic year and are utilized in a clerical capacity for 4-hour shifts per week. Priority is given to pre-pharmacy students. 

Applications: Opens annually in April. 

View application form

Contact: Efren Bose, 

Student Volunteer Program

The UHS Student Volunteer Program exposes students to the dynamics of how health services are delivered within a university setting.

Volunteers are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Due to clearance and training requirements, volunteers are encouraged to return for multiple semesters.

View the SVP application form 

Contact: Ashley Campos,

Student Advisory Boards

Serving on a student advisory board leverages your voice and experience as a student to inform and guide critical decisions around UHS services, policies, and practices. 

The Health Fee Advisory Board (HFAB)

The Health Fee Advisory Board (HFAB) advises University Health Services and campus administration on matters related to the Campus Health Care Fee paid during registration.

Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) 

The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is an advisory board to University Health Services and campus administration that represents a diverse set of students at the University of California, Berkeley,