Flu Shot Clinics at UHS
Drop-in Flu Clinic Schedule for Fall 2023:
Time: 9-11:30 am and 1-4 pm | Location: UHS Tang Center - Bancroft Entrance
- Thursday, October 5
- Friday, October 6
- Thursday, October 19
- Friday, October 20
- Monday, November 13
- Tuesday, November 14
- Monday, November 20
- Wednesday, December 13
- Thursday, December 14
Costs: Free for students with SHIP, $40 for those without SHIP. The Cashier's Office can provide a receipt for submitting to your insurance for reimbursement.
PLEASE NOTE: Our drop-in clinics operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is a possibility that we may have to close the clinic or conclude registration ahead of schedule if our capacity is reached.
Flu Shots in the Tang Center Lobby
- Flu shots are also being offered now through December 15, 2023, in the UHS lobby. Drop-in hours: 9-11:45 am and 1-4:30 pm. For UC Berkeley students only. Costs same as above.
Faculty / Staff / Community Members
- We are not offering flu shots to faculty, staff, or community members at this time as the flu vaccine is widely available in the community and with health care providers. Please reach out to your healthcare provider or a community flu shot provider.
Flu Shot Costs
Students with SHIP
- FREE for students with SHIP. Please bring your Cal 1 Card.
For Students without SHIP
$40. Please bring your Cal 1 Card.
You can also get a copy of your receipt by coming to the Cashier/Billing office on the 3rd floor or by sending a message in eTang to the Cashier to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
UC Vaccination Policy
An updated revision of the University of California Vaccine Program Policy was issued on August 16, 2023, strongly recommending all members of the University community follow vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. The policy also allows for submitting an opt-out/declination of getting the annual influenza (flu) vaccine.
To comply with the Flu and COVID-19 Vaccine Policy by December 1, 2023, students, faculty, and staff need to either:
- get a flu vaccine and log those records into eTang in the Medical Clearances section. Flu vaccines are for the current flu season (August 1, 2023 or later).
- submit a declination to be vaccinated on eTang in the Medical Clearances section.
Flu Shots Outside of UHS
Here are additional flu shot resources outside of UHS:
- Check with your provider's health system.
- If you have Kaiser Permanente, please visit their website to get information about how to get a flu shot. All Kaiser members can get a free flu shot at most medical centers.
- Kaiser participates with select retail stores and pharmacies to offer flu shots to members including CVS, Safeway, Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens, and Walmart.
- Check your Kaiser website for participating locations and bring your photo ID and Kaiser membership card.
- Sutter Health Walk-In Care Flu Shots are available to anyone over 18 months of age and older at Sutter Walk-In Care, and those 6 months of age and older can get a flu vaccine.
- There are many retail stores and pharmacies that offer flu shots including CVS, Safeway, Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens, Target, and Walmart.
- Alameda County Public Health also provides flu clinics. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay.