Flu Shot Clinics at UHS
- Drop-in flu clinic on January 19 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. at the Tang Center (Bancroft entrance), free for students with SHIP and $40 for those without SHIP.
- Flu shots are available to students by appointment in the Travel/Immunization clinic, appointments can be booked on eTang or by calling the clinic at (510) 643-7177 to schedule an appointment.
Faculty / Staff / Community Members
- We are not offering flu shots to faculty, staff, or community members at this time as the flu vaccine is widely available in the community and with health care providers. Please reach out to your healthcare provider or a community flu shot provider.
Flu Shot Costs
Students with SHIP
- FREE for students with SHIP. Please bring your Cal 1 Card.
For Students without SHIP
$40. Please bring your Cal 1 Card.
You can also get a copy of your receipt by coming to the Cashier/Billing office on the 3rd floor or by sending a message in eTang to the Cashier to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
UC Vaccination Policy
An updated revision of the University of California Vaccine Program Policy was issued on August 16, 2023, strongly recommending all members of the University community follow vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. The policy also allows for submitting an opt-out/declination of getting the annual influenza (flu) vaccine.
To comply with the Flu and COVID-19 Vaccine Policy by December 1, 2023, students, faculty, and staff need to either:
- get a flu vaccine and log those records into eTang in the Medical Clearances section. Flu vaccines are for the current flu season (August 1, 2023 or later).
- submit a declination to be vaccinated on eTang in the Medical Clearances section.
Flu Shots Outside of UHS
Here are additional flu shot resources outside of UHS:
- Check with your provider's health system.
- If you have Kaiser Permanente, please visit their website to get information about how to get a flu shot. All Kaiser members can get a free flu shot at most medical centers.
- Kaiser participates with select retail stores and pharmacies to offer flu shots to members including CVS, Safeway, Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens, and Walmart.
- Check your Kaiser website for participating locations and bring your photo ID and Kaiser membership card.
- Sutter Health Walk-In Care Flu Shots are available to anyone over 18 months of age and older at Sutter Walk-In Care, and those 6 months of age and older can get a flu vaccine.
- There are many retail stores and pharmacies that offer flu shots including CVS, Safeway, Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens, Target, and Walmart.
- Alameda County Public Health also provides flu clinics. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay.