Effective September 1, 2022, an updated University of California Vaccine Program Policy was released and provides updates for requirements for the 2022-23 flu season.
All students, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated against influenza (flu) and are required to self-attest to either getting a vaccine and providing documentation or opting out by December 1 2022. Flu vaccines are for the current flu season (August 1, 2022 or later).
Students must either:
Get a flu shot on campus (see below for flu shot clinic dates)
Get a flu shot elsewhere in the community (pharmacies, flu clinics, Kaiser, etc) and add their immunization information to the Medical Clearances section in eTang.
Decline getting a flu vaccine, by reading and acknowledging the influenza vaccination information web page and submitting a declination at portal.berkeley.edu/attestations/new (will be updated and live for 2022-23 season by mid-September)
Faculty and staff must:
Submit either an attestation to receiving a flu vaccine or a declination at portal.berkeley.edu/attestations/new (will be updated and live for 2022-23 season by mid-September)
Flu Shot Clinics at UHS
- Drop-In Flu Shot Clinic: Wednesday, January 18 from 9-11:30 am and 1-4 pm at the Tang Center, entrance through the Bancroft Patio area.
- Additional flu shot options:
- Flu shots appointments are available to book on eTang until January 17 and after January 25.
- January 17-25 Drop-in flu shots are available in the lobby of the Tang Center, daily 9:30-11:30 am and 1-4:15pm.
- Costs: Free for students with SHIP, $40 for those without SHIP (can provide a receipt for submitting to your insurance for reimbursement)
Faculty / Staff / Community Members
We are not offering flu shots to faculty, staff or community members at this time as the flu vaccine is widely available in the community and with health care providers. Please reach out to your health care provider or a community flu shot provider.
Flu Shot Costs
Students with SHIP
- FREE for students with SHIP.
For Students without SHIP
$40. Please bring your Cal 1 Card. Open to eligible students only.
You can also get a copy of your receipt by coming to the Cashier/Billing office on the 3rd floor or by sending a message in eTang to the Cashier to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Flu Shots Outside of UHS
Here are additional flu shot resources outside of UHS:
Check with your provider's health system.
If you have Kaiser Permanente, please visit their website to get information about how to get a flu shot. All Kaiser members can get a free flu shot at most medical centers.
- Kaiser is participating with select retail stores and pharmacies to offer flu shots to members including CVS, Safeway, Rite Aid, Costco, Walgreens and Walmart.
- Check your Kaiser website for participating locations and bring your photo ID and Kaiser membership card.
Sutter Health Walk-In Care Flu Shots are available to anyone over 18 months of age and older at Sutter Walk-In Care, and those 6 months of age and older can get a flu vaccine.
The City of Berkeley Public Health Department also has an Immunization Program that provides flu shots.
Alameda County Public Health also provides flu clinics. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay.