Who is Eligible for Symptomatic Testing?
PCR COVID-19 testing at UHS (Bancroft side patio area) is available for UC Berkeley students who fall into one of the following categories. Results are generally available in 24-48 hours.
Symptoms concerning COVID-19, which may include NEW:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What is the Cost of Symptomatic Testing?
The cost for COVID testing is $105. There may also be a primary care visit fee ranging from $60 to $140 or an urgent care visit fee ranging from $100 to $225 (depending on the type of visit).
- For students with SHIP: See the UHS Fees List for applicable co-pays and co-insurance.
- For students without SHIP: Students not on SHIP will need to pay out-of-pocket for services in full and may obtain an itemized receipt from the Billing & Cashier Office to file a claim with their insurance carrier for possible reimbursement. Please note, that each health insurance company covers COVID-19 testing differently. Contact your insurance plan for benefits and reimbursement details.
UHS Symptomatic Testing Hours and Location
Symptomatic testing is performed at UHS (Bancroft side, patio area). Appointments are booked through the eTang Patient Portal.
Hours: Monday - Fridays, 9 am to 4 pm (closed for lunch 11:45 am- 1 pm) and Saturdays, 10 am - 2 pm.
UC Berkeley students who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should:
- Schedule a COVID test on eTang
- If your symptoms are moderate to severe, and you are at high risk for severe disease, you can call the 24/7 UHS Advice Line at (510) 643-7197 for medical advice.
Students do NOT need to be enrolled in SHIP to get tested at UHS. Students not on SHIP can get a receipt for testing charges to submit to their insurance for reimbursement.
For Faculty & Staff
UC Berkeley employees who are seeking testing because they have symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for medical care and advice, and/or testing, or use an Antigen home test kit.
Antigen home test kits are available for purchase at the UHS Pharmacy.
Any UC Berkeley employee who may have been exposed to COVID-19 while at work may obtain Antigen test kits from the UHS Occupational Health Clinic front desk, at no cost to the employee.