Students can use the medical services at the Tang Center just as they would their regular doctor's office and urgent care center. Our facility is fully accredited, staffed by licensed and/or board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, a nutritionist, and nurses.
Students can use all services at UHS whether or not they have the Student Health Insurance Plan.
To start your care at UHS, see appointments.
- Making the most of your medical appointment
- How to make a primary care appointment
- Preventive health
- Medical Home model
- Health topics + patient handouts
- Verification of illness - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury. (You may wish to consider requesting a Confirmation of Visit if you would like documentation that you accessed Tang services on a particular date.) Please go to Health Records on the 2nd floor to complete and sign the Verification of Illness form; or fax the completed form to Health Records' secure fax line at 510-642-1801; or send a secure message through your UHS electronic health record to Health Records with a copy of the completed form attached to your message.
- Medical withdrawals - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury.
- Especially for…