Students can use the medical services at the Tang Center just as they would their regular doctor's office and urgent care center.
Students can use all services at UHS whether or not they have the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Our facility is fully accredited, staffed by licensed and/or board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, a nutritionist, and nurses. Meet our Medical Staff!
- How to Make a Primary Care Appointment
- Medical Home Model
- Gynecology Services at Tang
- Preventive Health
- Health Topics
- Patient Handouts
- Sexual Health Care at Tang (Get Informed, Get Protected, Get Tested)
- Verification of Illness - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury. (You may wish to consider requesting a Confirmation of Visit if you would like documentation that you accessed Tang services on a particular date). Please go to Health Records on the second floor to complete and sign the Verification of Illness form. You can also fax the completed form to Health Record's secure fax line at 510-642-180 or send a secure message through your UHS electronic health record to Health Records with a copy of the completed form attached to your message.
- Medical Withdrawals - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury.
Healthcare Especially for…
- API Students
- Black Students
- International Students
- LGBTQ Students
- Muslim Students
- Parents and Community
- Sexual Assault and Violence Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Students with Disabilities
- Visiting Scholars and Postdocs
- "Women’s"* health
- Undocumented Students