Students can use the medical services at the Tang Center just as they would their regular doctor's office and urgent care center.
Students can use all services at UHS whether or not they have the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Our facility is fully accredited, staffed by licensed and/or board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, a nutritionist, and nurses.
- Reasons for Primary Care appointments
- How to make an appointment
- How to make the most of your medical appointment
- Medical Home Model
- Gynecology Services at Tang
Phone & Video Appointments
To make a same-day Primary Care phone or video appointment:
- Log into the eTang patient portal
- Go to the Patient Profile and update your contact information
- Go to Medical Clearances and read and sign the clearance and consent forms
Instructions for phone appointments: The provider will call you at the number you provided when you scheduled your appointment. They may contact you 15 minutes before or up to 30 minutes after you scheduled appointment.
Instructions for video appointments: We are using Zoom for appointments. To access your appointment at the scheduled time, log into the portal, check into your appointment, and join the Zoom meeting - instructions on how to do this.
- Preventive Health
- Health Topics
- Patient Handouts
- Sexual Health Care at Tang (Get Informed, Get Protected, Get Tested)
- Verification of Illness - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury. (You may wish to consider requesting a Confirmation of Visit if you would like documentation that you accessed Tang services on a particular date). Please go to Health Records on the second floor to complete and sign the Verification of Illness form. You can also fax the completed form to Health Record's secure fax line at 510-642-180 or send a secure message through your UHS electronic health record to Health Records with a copy of the completed form attached to your message.
- Medical Withdrawals - Please note that UHS clinicians are unable to give excuses for absences, missed exams, or assignments turned in late due to illness or injury.
Healthcare Especially for…
- API Students
- Black Students
- International Students
- LGBTQ Students
- Muslim Students
- Parents and Community
- Sexual Assault and Violence Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Students with Disabilities
- Visiting Scholars and Postdocs
- "Women’s"* health
- Undocumented Students