Contact Us

For confidential messages, please contact UHS departments through the eTang Portal.

Telephone: (510) 642-2000

TTY/TDD Tel: (510) 643-1233

Phone and Fax Numbers

  • Health Records: phone (510) 642-1804, fax (510) 642-1801
  • Insurance: phone (510) 642-5700, fax (510) 642-9119
  • Administration: (510) 643-5079
  • Primary Care: phone (510) 642-2000, fax (510) 643-2997
  • Please call (510) 642-6621 for other direct fax numbers. 

Advice Nurse & After Hours Assistance

Call (510) 643-7197 to speak to our 24/7 Advice Nurse. Currently, enrolled students can also message our Advice Nurse through our secure eTang portal.

The Advice Nurse line connects to our After Hours Assistance when the Tang Center is closed, providing referral information for local medical facilities to access when we are closed.



Employment & Volunteering

Feedback, questions, comments, and concerns


  • Tip: Did you try to search for the information you need? You may get a more immediate answer using our search bar feature (see top right of every page) to search our robust online resources. Or, try using our Chatbot at the bottom right of your screen.

For questions regarding the Mandatory TB & Immunization Program:

For questions and comments regarding your prescription or treatment plan:

  • Use the secure eTang patient portal to discuss medical or treatment issues. Please do not send private health information via email.
  • Currently enrolled students may message our 24/7 Advice Nurse, Primary Care team, counselors, and insurance specialists through our secure eTang patient portal

For complaints, suggestions, and other feedback:

For Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) inquiries: See below. 

Insurance (SHIP) and waivers 

Call (510) 642-5700 or email Currently, enrolled students may also message our insurance specialists through the eTang patient portal.

Make a Gift

Make a gift online, call (510) 642-6621, or email

Press & Media Inquiries

Communications Office - Public Information: (510) 664-7168.

Public Health Officials

UHS reporting of diseases, conditions, and laboratory resultsPublic Health Departments may contact University Health Services to obtain treatment or follow-up information as needed.  Public Health officials may contact the UHS Infection Control Nurse Manager by calling the Specialty Clinic at 510-643-7177

Tang Center Directory

Listing of phone numbers and email addresses.

Website Administrator

Email forfeedback about our website.

Workshops & Trainings

Stay Connected with UHS!

Instagram  Facebook  Twitter  YouTube  Newsletter