You must begin the Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance requirement as follows:
- Complete the "TB Initial Risk Screen" questionnaire via eTang, found under "Forms" from the left navigation menu.
- Don't see this form? Please wait 72 hours after you submit your Statement of Intent to Register for this form to populate.
- More than 72 hours? Complete this help request form.
- Monitor your "Messages" tab on eTang for up to 2 weeks for any additional steps that may be required.
- Note: Under the "Immunization Record" tab, some students may see notations for "TB Test Results" or "TB Test Results #2" appear shortly after submitting the "TB Initial Risk Screen." If this happens, do not schedule or submit additional TB testing or records at this time. Instead, monitor your "Messages" tab as indicated above, as this is how we will specifically notify you if additional steps are required.
If you receive a "Message" to complete additional diagnostic testing:
- Test results must have been completed within 12 months of the formal deadline.
- The BCG vaccine does not satisfy the TB Clearance requirement. Instead, complete the TB blood test (as the TB skin test may produce false positive results in patients who have received the BCG vaccine).
- If you have had a TB chest x-ray that was normal within 12 months of the formal deadline, you may submit the written chest x-ray report instead of the TB blood test.
- Once complete, submit your documentation via eTang.
If you receive a "Message" to complete the "TB Medical Clearance Form":
- Contact your medical provider to schedule a TB clearance appointment.
- Ensure your medical provider fills out all fields on the form, including the symptom review questions.
- Upload a copy of the completed form via eTang.
If it is impossible for you to complete one or more of the additional steps by the formal deadline:
- You should still complete all other vaccines and/or testing, and submit your documents by the formal deadline.
- You may schedule an appointment at UHS once you are eligible for services.
- If you only need to complete a TB blood test, you may schedule a lab test via eTang without having to see a clinician first.
- Select "Messages," then "New Message," then "Order a TB blood test at the lab."
- Read instructions, then select "Continue," then answer the yes/no questions on the next page.
- Select "Tuberculosis blood test," then "Send."
- Once you receive an auto-reply, proceed to the UHS Lab (no appointment needed).
- Schedule any appointments or tests promptly to avoid an enrollment hold for non-compliance.
- Cost of UHS services varies if you do/don't have SHIP insurance (sample fees with/without SHIP).