Close Contacts: What to know and do
So, you are a close contact – you have been notified through the CA-Notify App, told by a friend, called by a contact tracer, or learned from others that you had an exposure to COVID-19. What to do?
First, if you do not have symptoms get tested now and again 3-5 days from your exposure.
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days, and monitor for symptoms
- If you do have symptoms, you should STAY HOME and self isolate.
- Get tested as soon as possible: you can self-schedule a symptomatic test on eTang
- Stay home until you have tested negative with TWO home antigen tests (separated by 24 hours) OR a single PCR test, unless an alternate diagnosis is found
You do not need to test if you had COVID within the past 30 days, unless you develop symptoms.
Additional requirements for returning to work do exist for Healthcare workers.
- If you haven't already done so, activate CA Notify on your phone.