You must satisfy the Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (Tdap) requirement by vaccine.
- One dose of the Tdap vaccine on or after your 7th birthday.
- Common brand names in the United States include Boostrix and Adacel.
- Td, DPT, DTP, and dTap do not fulfill this requirement; if you only have these vaccines, you will still be required to get a Tdap vaccine.
- Note: Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids with acellular pertussis vaccine are given to adolescents and adults, usually as a single dose; the exception is pregnant women who should receive Tdap during each pregnancy.
If the Tdap vaccine is not available in your country, or it is impossible for you to have it administered by the formal deadline:
- You should still complete all other vaccines and/or testing, and submit your documents by the formal deadline.
- You may schedule an appointment to receive the outstanding vaccine at UHS once you are eligible for services.
- Schedule your appointment promptly to avoid an enrollment hold for non-compliance.
- Cost of UHS services varies if you do/don't have SHIP insurance (sample fees with/without SHIP).