Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
(Formerly known as CPS)
CAPS offers short term counseling for academic, career, and personal issues and also offers psychiatry services for circumstances when medication can help with counseling.
There is no charge to get started, and all registered students can access services regardless of their insurance plan.
We are committed to supporting your academic success and self-development as a student at UC Berkeley.
Our highly skilled and culturally competent team is here to serve you with a wide range of programs. No problem is too big or too small.
CAPS Services Update
March 2020: Hours & Services
- All initial visits with counselors will be by phone. Please call (510) 642-9494 to speak with a counselor if you are needing help and do not already have an appointment.
- Students who have follow-up appointments scheduled should check secure messages for updates from their assigned counselor.
- Drop-in urgent counseling has been suspended. Students with urgent concerns should call 510-642-9494 to speak with a counselor as a first step.
- CAPS hours are currently 10am-4pm Mon- Friday
- Many of our satellite offices are closed due to building closures. Please check your specific location. All Let's Talk drop-in at satellite locations has been suspended until further notice.
- For after-hours support, please call the 24/7 line at (855) 817-5667
Other Emergency Resources