You may satisfy the Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) requirement in either of the following ways:
- Two doses of the MMR vaccine (or two doses each of the separate vaccines for measles, mumps, and rubella).
- First dose must be no earlier than four days before your first birthday; second dose must be at least one month after the first dose.
- If you only have one dose that meets the age/interval requirements, you still need to get an additional dose.
- Note: since MMR is a live vaccine, it is contraindicated in certain conditions (including if you are pregnant).
By titer (if you actually had measles, mumps and/or rubella, or cannot find records for your past doses of the vaccines)
- One blood titer each for measles, mumps, and rubella showing evidence of immunity to each.
- If your titer results do not show evidence of immunity, you will still be required to get any outstanding doses of the vaccine(s) as indicated above.
- Note: when reporting your titer results, remember that "positive" means "positive for immunity and "negative" means "negative for immunity."
If the MMR vaccines or titers are not available in your country, or it is impossible for you to have them administered by the formal deadline:
- You may schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine(s) or titer(s) at UHS once you are eligible for services.
- Ensure you schedule your appointment in a timely manner to avoid an enrollment hold for non-compliance.
- Cost will depend on whether or not you have SHIP insurance (sample fees with/without SHIP).