All incoming and re-admitted students must satisfy Immunization and TB Clearance requirements as mandated by the UC Office of the President prior to the start of their first semester (policy, FAQ). Failure to comply will result in enrollment holds being placed for students who have outstanding requirements as of the sixth week of their first semester on campus.
Specifically, this includes all students who:
- Are starting a new degree-bearing program at UC Berkeley**, even if they previously attended UC Berkeley or another UC institution
- Have been re-admitted to UC Berkeley after one or more semesters away
- Are attending UC Berkeley as EAP/Reciprocity students for one or more semesters
**Students enrolled in the MICS, MIDS or OOMPH programs or UC Extension are exempted from these requirements.
For students who have previously attended UC Berkeley:
- If you last attended UC Berkeley prior to Fall 20__, the immunization requirement at that time does not meet the current requirements. You will need to complete the new requirements.
- If you last attended UC Berkeley in Fall 20__ or later, check the "Immunization Record" tab on eTang to verify which requirements are still compliant and which need to be revised. At a minimum, the TB Clearance requirement(s) must be completed again in almost all cases.
For students who have previously attended another UC institution:
- We are not able to access or transfer the records you submitted to your previous UC institution. You will need to submit them personally via eTang.
Personal exemptions for the immunization and TB Clearance requirements are not permitted. For more detail, review the University of California Immunization Exemption Policy.
Medical exemption requests will be evaluated individually by the UHS Medical Director. Download the Medical Exemption form and have it filled out and signed by your medical provider, then submit via mail or fax well before the formal deadline to allow sufficient time for review.
UHS Administration - attn: Medical Director
2222 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94720-4300
(510) 642-1801 - attn: Medical Director