Eat Well Berkeley Vending
The University is committed to improving access to healthier food choices. In partnership with ASUC, RSSP, Canteen Vending, and Be Well at Work -- Wellness Program, we are pleased to make it easier to choose a healthier snack when visiting campus vending -- 50% of the snack products offered in campus machines comply with Canteen's Choice Plus nutrition standards. Look for the Choice Plus Spiral Identifier (or sticker) identifying the healthier snack choices.
Remember, that a healthy diet is rich in whole, fresh foods and limited in processed snack foods.
Nutritional Standards for Snack Vending:
Canteen Vending, the vendor that operates and maintains snack vending machines on campus property, stocks a minimum of 50% of snack product meeting the following nutritional standards established through the Choice Plus program and in compliance with SB912: Healthy Options in State Vending Machines:
- Not more than 250 calories per serving.
- Not more than 10 grams of total fat per serving with the exception of nuts and seeds.
- Not more than 3 grams of saturated fat per serving.
- Does not contain trans fats added during processing (hydrogenated oils and partially hydrogenated oils).
- Not more than 20 grams sugar or caloric sweeteners with the exception of fruits that have not been processed with added sweeteners.
- Not more than 230 mg sodium per serving.
Nutritional Information for Vending Products
These products are identified in the vending machines by Choice Plus markers. Remember, even products that are lower in calories and fat/saturated fat may be high in sodium or sugar and if you are on a special diet, make sure to check the complete product information labels. A healthy diet is rich in whole, fresh foods and limited in processed snack foods.
Please note: these items may not be available in all vending machines.
Contact Information for Eat Well Berkeley
- For questions regarding Eat Well Berkeley, please contact Be Well at Work Wellness Program at (510) 643-4646.
- For money lost in vending machines: please contact the phone number listed on the machines.