Cook Well Berkeley
For all things cooking on and around campus, Cook Well Berkeley is your portal to healthy cooking resources, recipes, shopping tips, and more.
Healthy Cooking Classes
See the current calendar for this semester's cooking classes. Demo, recipes, and samples provided.
Recipes & Resources
Eat Well @ Work is your resource for healthy eating in the workplace with resources for packing a healthy lunch, nutritious options when eating out, mindful snacking, and planning healthy meetings and events.
The Healthy Lunchbox - Healthy recipe of the month
Cook Well Berkeley's website has a fresh new look to help you navigate and find recipes more easily! Browse by category or look up a recipe by class title. Recipes are also labeled as vegan, vegetarian, 5 ingredients or less, no sugar added, dairy-free and more. You will also find the recipes of the month featured in the monthly newsletters by clicking the "Recipe of the Month" box.
Resources for Eating Locally
- Basic Needs Security - Food Access and Assistance During COVID-19
- Stores offering senior hours
- Free Meals for Children
Restaurants offering no-contact pick-up or delivery
East Bay, including pantry supplies
Berkeley Student Food Collective
A student run co-op dedicated to providing fresh, healthy, environmentally sustainable, and ethically produced food at affordable prices.
The Golden Bear Produce Stand
Cal Dining operates a weekly produce stand, Monday through Thursday, in front of the Golden Bear, featuring fresh fruit and produce. Meal Plan Points are accepted.
- Other Bay Area Farmers' Markets
Search - localharvest.org
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Sign up for a "share" of a farm's produce to receive regular deliveries (or local pickup). Some CSAs also offer additional farm products such as eggs or honey. Learn more and explore CSA options near you at localharvest.org.
Storing Fruits and Vegetables without using plastic (Ecology Center)
Smart storage (and freezing!) can extend the life of your food (Nutrition Action)
- Can you tell if a food is safe to eat by smelling it? (Nutrition Action)
- Edible Education for the Home Classroom (the Edible Schoolyard Project)
Meat Eater's Guide to Climate Change and Health
Environmental Working Group, 2011