UC Berkeley Wellness Ambassadors are faculty and staff volunteers who are passionate about health and wellness and interested in helping to create a safe and healthy workplace culture within their unit or department. Wellness Ambassadors commit as little as one hour a month promoting Be Well at Work programs for faculty and staff.
Wellness Ambassador Spotlights
The WellnessAmbassadorspotlight features faculty/staff volunteers who want to inspire others through their story and highlight their departments success in creating a culture of wellness
- Laurie Ferris and Veronica Alvarez - International House
- Min Choi - University Health Services
- Michael Palmer - College Writing Programs
- Susan Aberg - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
Become a Wellness Ambassador Today!
You may sign up to become a Wellness Ambassador at any time. Just follow these four simple steps:
Step 1: Identify who will be on your communication list or if there are other Wellness Ambassadors within your department.
Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed).
Step 3: Complete the online registration form
Step 4: Check your inbox for a confirmation email from Cori Evans, Wellness Ambassador Program Coordinator.
Wellness Ambassadors Toolkit
The Wellness Ambassador Toolkit includes program materials designed to:
- assist you in understanding your responsibilities as a Wellness Ambassador
- introduce you to Be Well at Work Wellness programs and services for faculty and staff
- provide you with additional resources to create a healthy workplace
Understanding Your Role and Overview
- Wellness Ambassador Communication Guide
- Sample Annoucements introducing new Wellness Ambassadors
Current Department Workshops
- Energize to Be Well
- Activity Breaks
- Group Cook-Alongs
- Get Fit in 7 Minutes
- Learn more about scheduling a Department Workshop
Health Improvement Programs
- Know Your Numbers Health Screening
- Online Healthy Lifestyle Programs (Various)
- WorkFIT (Rec Sports)
- Learn more about scheduling a Health Improvement Program
Be Well at Work - Wellness Program strives to support UC Berkeley in becoming a healthier campus through programs, resources, strategies, and policies that address the environment to make the healthy choice the easy choice.
- Healthy Department Certification
- Healthy Meeting and Event Guide
- Planning Healthy Meetings and Events, a one page checklist to help managers and supervisors ensure meetings are productive and healthy.
- Eat Well Berkeley
- Food and Beverage Choices Policy
- Staff Garden