Prioritize Mental Health
You may be feeling uncertain, anxious, or scared — and that's ok.
- Mental health resources for students: self-care tips, online meditation, ways to access support at UHS, managaing fears and anxieties, and more
- Mental health resources for faculty/staff: Be Well at Work has accumulated a host of resources to support faculty/staff during this time, including navigating family and work life, caring for elders, an FAQ about COVID-19 and emotional well-being, guided meditations, and more
- Basic Needs Center COVID-19 document: a living guide with real-time updates on how students and staff can access Basic Needs Center services during this period
Create an Ergo Space
Learn how to set up a comfortable and safe home space (weather you're working or stuyding)
- Be Well at Work - Ergonomics has created an "Ergonomic Tips for Working at Home" cheat sheet
- Faculty/staff can enroll in a Computer Health Matters online class to assist in setting up a user-friendly workstation
Cook From the Pantry
Wondering how to turn that can of beans into a meal?
- Pantry staple recipe guide from Be Well at Work - Wellness
- Healthy recipes from our UHS Nutrition team
Look at Cute Dogs
Check out our Pet Hugs Facebook albums to view past events and spread some pawsitivity — send your favorite photo toa. friend to help brighten their day!
- Pet Hugs Facebook albums - virtual Pet Hugs
Learn Something New
CalTeach has compiled a great list of remote learning resources and entertaiment ideas inclduing STEM and virtual nataionl park and museum tours. Most are free and family-friendly!
- Resources for remote learning
- Resources for enterainment
- Free K-8 math and science tutoring through CalTeach
Stay Active, Indoor and Out
Along with getting some movement in, try to get some daily sunlight, if possible, while maintaining social distance.
- Be Well at Work - Wellness has created a list of free at-home wellness resources for faculty/staff and students which includes Nike training, stretching, yoga, dancing, etc
Social distancing can feel lonely. Take this time to pick up the phone or schedule a video chat with a friend or family member to hear their voice!
- The Greater Goods Science Center has created a list of 36 questions for increasing closeness