CAPS Counseling Appointments
How to make an appointment at CAPS:
- Book on eTang or call (510) 642-9494.
- CAPS offers same-day appointments
- on eTang, you can schedule your appointment the night before the day you are looking to get an appointment
- If you are trying to book same day, booking earlier in the day is recommended.
- For safety and comfort, virtual appointments by phone or zoom are the preferred appointment method at this time.
- We are limiting in-person counseling appointments to situations in which virtual appointments are not possible.
- For example, if students cannot find a secure and private location for a virtual appointment, we can try and offer a space either in an office, large room, or outside.
- We expect that an in-person counseling session, while masked, will be less productive and less comfortable due to challenges with communicating.
What to expect at your CAPS appointment:
Prior to your visit, you will complete a brief questionnaire about the goal for your visit.
The session will be up to 45 minutes and we will focus on what is top of mind for you at the moment and your counselor will provide some immediate support.
Towards the end of your counseling session, we will talk about possible next steps, which will include information about resources and support options, such as online, on-campus, and off-campus resources.
You can book counseling visits as needed.
For more information see our FAQ page.
How to make an appointment with a humanest counselor:
- Students also have the option to access humanest, one of our partners to access free counseling appointments.
- Counselors are available M-F, 9-5 and appointments can be booked online.
- This is a good alternative to see a counselor.
- Book a humanest counseling visits