Think you might be pregnant? The first step is to take a pregnancy test. This can be done at Tang or in the privacy of your home.
Once you have confirmed your pregnancy, please call Social Services at (510) 642-6074. Due to the specialized nature of your pregnancy care, staff will refer you to the appropriate resources in the community for your situation. Please see the range of topics you might discuss under the "Meet with a Social Worker" section. If you don't need this information, and you're a SHIP client, you can simply request that an authorization be submitted to the insurance on your behalf.
About pregnancy testing
There are two ways to obtain a pregnancy test at Tang:
(1) request a blood test through eTang patient portal (Log in to eTang, select “Messaging” from eTang portal options, and follow the instructions) or
(2) over-the-counter urine Pregnancy Test kits are available for sale from our Pharmacy.
Meet with a social worker
This free service can help with:
- Abortion referrals: early, late, and non-surgical
- Adoption information
- Campus/community resources
- Couples counseling
- Decision making
- Insurance information
- Post abortion counseling
- Prenatal care referrals
- Pregnancy/new parents groups
- Resources for financial information
Assistance and advocacy
If your possible pregnancy is the result of non-consensual sex, you can speak to a confidential counselor for help with any of the following:
- Emotional support
- Medical care options
- Legal resources
- Safe housing
- Academic adjustments
See also survivor support website: survivorsupport.berkeley.edu.
Advice Nurse: (510) 643-7197 or secure message via eTang
Social Services: (510) 642-6074
Related health topics on our Women's Health page:
- Emergency Contraception
- Birth Control
- Family planning
- Pregnant, Now What? - Nonjudgmental discussion of options from Planned Parenthood