How do I get in?
Your visit at the Tang Center
- Fill out needed forms through eTang in advance of your visit.
- Check in for most appointments using the self check-in kiosks in the lobby.
- Fill out any additional paperwork at a clinic.
- See clinician or counselor.
- You may have follow up instructions after your visit.
- Pay at Cashier (3rd Floor) or bill to Cal Central.
How do I pay?
Cash or check; Visa, Mastercard; Cal 1 Card; Charge to your Cal Central account.
How much do I pay?
- All registered students pay a health fee each semester that provides some free services.
- Get a sample list of the most common fees.
- All students pay a office visit fee for Primary Care and Urgent Care visits. At Tang, the only difference for students who have SHIP and those that don't is what they pay for other services.
- For students with SHIP: Most other fees are covered at 90%. SHIP files the claim for you and you only pay 10%. Pharmacy, dental and vision coverage works a bit differently. See more details.
- For students without SHIP: Since Tang doesn't accept or bill outside insurance, you pay the full amount due and coordinate with your own insurance company on how/if you will be reimbursed.
- Advice Nurse and nursing visits
- After hours assistance
- Access to eTang, your online patient portal
- Berkeley Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Frequently Asked Questions
- Birth control and sexual education clinics
- Counseling and social services visits including campus satellite locations; no cost to get started
- Counseling groups and workshops
- Career library services, such as career counseling, assessment tools, information about careers, majors and graduate/professional schools
- Health campaigns
- Health coaching for stress management, sexual health, time management, healthy eating and more
- Massage chairs
- Mental health screenings - online and anonymous
- Nutrition drop-in education
- Rapid HIV antibody testing
- Volunteer opportunities
- Wellness and self-care services
- Workshops, trainings, and presentations on depression, suicide and violence prevention, and more
Important Phone Numbers
In case of a life-threatening emergency, always call 911 or (510) 642-3333 if from a cell phone.
|Advice Nurse/After Hours Assistance||(510) 643-7197|
|Appointment Office/General Info||(510) 642-2000|
|Appointment Cancellation (24 hrs)||(510) 643-7033|
|Counseling and Psychological Services||(510) 642-9494|
|Counseling After Hours Line||(855) 817-5667|
|SHIP 24-hour Nurse Line||(800) 681-4065|
|Student Health Insurance Office||(510) 642-5700|
|TTY/TDD (for hearing impaired)||(510) 643-1233|
|BearWALK Night Safety Services||(510) 642-WALK|
|Alta Bates Hospital Emergency Room||(510) 204-2500|
In case of an emergency, call 911.
|Allergy/International Travel Clinic - 1st Floor||(510) 643-7177|
|Career Counseling Library - 2220 Bancroft Way||(510) 642-2367|
|Clinical Laboratory - 1st Floor||(510) 642-5585|
|Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) - 3rd Floor||(510) 642-9494|
|Health Promotion - 2nd Floor||(510) 642-7202|
|Health Records - 2nd Floor||(510) 642-1804|
|Pharmacy - 1st Floor||(510) 642-3249|
|Physical Therapy - 3rd Floor||(510) 642-0607|
|Primary Care Clinics - 2nd Floor||(510) 642-2000|
|Radiology - 1st Floor||(510) 642-5844|
|Social Services - 2nd Floor||(510) 642-6074|
|Specialty Clinics - 1st Floor||(510) 643-7177|
|Student Health Insurance Office - 3rd Floor||(510) 642-5700|
|Tang Center Eye Clinic - 3rd Floor||(510) 643-2020|
|Urgent Care Clinic - 1st Floor||(510) 642- 3188|
|Volunteer Programs - 2nd Floor||(510) 642-7202|