The UHS nutrition team provides regularly scheduled free nutrition events on and around campus:
Drop-In Nutrition Counseling
- Drop-in for a 15-20 minute individual session with a registered dietitian
- We'll focus on eating for optimal health and disease prevention. Not appropriate for students with medical nutrition concerns.
- First come, first served; no appointment needed.
Food and Cooking Demonstrations
- Stop by our table for inspiring cooking demos highlighting student-friendly food skills, tips, and recipes.
- We feature affordable, seasonal foods.
- Enjoy a tasty sample and take a recipe to try it at home!
- Roll up your sleeves for these hands-on, interactive cooking classes.
- We'll discuss and practice specific food and nutrition skills.
- Taste your delicious creations at the end of the workshop.
The Nutrition team is available for outreach to campus groups and organizations desiring information on common nutrition issues. Outreach events include presentations, cooking demonstrations, and workshops on topics such as eating for optimal health, eating on a budget, and body image and eating disorder prevention.
Fill out this form to request outreach.