Zoom links and the most up-to-date times are on the calendar below.
Bears in the Kitchen Virtual Cook-Along!
Join UHS Registered Dietitians to learn how to cook fun, cheap & easy recipes! They’ll be cooking live and you can follow along. These events are FREE and open to all UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty. Complete a short evaluation at the end of each event for a chance to win a $25 grocery gift card!
- Wednesday, September 29, 4:00 - 5:00 pm | REGISTER TO ATTEND | Ingredient bag reservation at the Basic Needs Center
- Monday, October 25, 4:00 - 5:00 pm | REGISTER TO ATTEND
- Tuesday, November 16, 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Drop-In Nutrition Counseling
Meet with a registered dietitian over video or phone for general nutrition concerns. These 15-minute sessions are free and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Wednesdays, 2-3pm | Zoom: bit.ly/nutritionwednesdays
- Thursdays, 1:15-2:15pm | Zoom: bit.ly/nutritionthursdays
- Fridays, 10:45-11:45pm | Zoom: bit.ly/nutritionfridays
Talk Food with Us!
Join the student Nutrition Outreach Workers (NOW) for a conversation about all things food. Each event is available virtually via Zoom and takes place on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. The Zoom link for all of the following events is https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/94739602674 | Meeting ID: 947 3960 2674.
- September 29 - Simple Student-Friendly Recipes
This event will focus on easy hacks for delicious food, including recipes such as overnight oats, spicy peanut noodles, Japanese curry, bean salad, and simple ways to dress up your toast and instant ramen.
- October 6 - How to Stick to Your Food Budget
- Tips on how to make a budget and shop wisely, as well as tricks to make your groceries stretch a little bit further. Featuring great ideas on how to be resourceful before throwing food away, guidance to shopping seasonally, and more!
- October 13 - Health at Every Size
- Exploring the relationship between weight and health, this week will cover the drawbacks of dieting and discuss the misconception that being thin is being healthy.
- October 20 - Superstar Foods
- Learn all about some of the most nutrient-dense foods, and great ways to incorporate them into your diet!
- October 27 - Myth Busters
- We will be debunking common food myths and misunderstandings in order to improve our relationships with healthy eating.
- November 3 - Mindful Eating
- What is mindfulness, and how can you incorporate it into your daily meals? Mindful eating is not a diet nor a way to be more disciplined, but instead is intentional awareness that may improve your relationship with food.
Food Demo Pop-ups
The UHS Nutrition Team uses safe food handling procedures during food demos, and our team wears masks and gloves when preparing and serving food. All of our pop-up events for fall 2021 will occur outside, weather permitting, to keep things as COVID safe as possible.
Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM | ASUC Student Union/Martin Luther King Jr. Building
Thursday, September 16, 2021, 12:30 - 2:00 PM | Outside of the Golden Bear Cafe
Friday, September 24, 2021, 2:30 - 4:00 PM | Outside of the Food Pantry/ASUC Student Union
Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Outside of the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF)
Thursday, October 7, 2021, 1:30-3:00 pm | Moffitt Library, 4th-floor entrance
Friday, October 15, 2021, 2:30 - 4:00 PM | Outside of the Food Pantry/ASUC Student Union
Thursday, October 21, 2021, 12:30 - 2:00 PM | Outside of the Golden Bear Cafe
Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Outside of the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF)
Thursday, November 4, 2021, 1:30-3:00 pm | Moffitt Library, 4th-floor entrance
Friday, November 12, 2021, 2:30 - 4:00 PM | Outside of the Food Pantry/ASUC Student Union
Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Outside of the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021, 1:30-3:00 pm | Moffitt Library, 4th-floor entrance
View these and more events on the calendar below.