The Sexual Health Education Program's (SHEP) mission is to empower students in feeling comfortable with their bodies and making informed decisions about their sex and sexuality, including whether or not to be sexually active.
Services provided are inclusive of all races/ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and levels of sexual knowledge and experience.
Students can meet one-on-one (and/or with their partner) with a trained Sexpert on Fridays from 12-3pm to:
- Discuss sexual decision-making, sexual communication, safer sex, and contraceptive options
- Take a free rapid HIV antibody test (offered once a month; space is limited and clients will be tested on a first come, first served basis) - THIS SERVICE IS SUSPENDED FOR FALL SEMESTER DUE TO COVID-19
By Appointment Only. Schedule your Sexpert Education Clinic Appointment today! Your appointment will automatically be added to your Google calendar. Prior to your scheduled appointment time, you will receive a Google Calendar update via email with your unique Zoom link.
If you cannot meet virtually for any reason, please use the option to schedule a Healthy Sexuality Coaching appointment.
Sex 101: Topics in Sexual Health
SHEP interns teach two sections of “Sex 101: Topics in Sexual Health and Sexuality” for academic credit through DeCal. The course allows students to:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, STIs and safer sex
- Examine differing preferences, ideas, and influences around sexuality
- Experience a safe space for discussion, acceptance, exploration, and understanding
Outreach activities are highly interactive and provide free samples of condoms, dental dams, and lube, when possible:
- Annual awareness events including Sexual Health Awareness Week and National Condom Day
- Educational presentations for your class, organization or living center; see current workshop topics
- Advice and materials for students who wish to put on their own sexual health workshop
- Random distribution of safer sex supplies to Berkeley students
To request an outreach service, complete the SHEP Resource Request Form with at least 1-week advance notice.
- SHEP Talk: blog about current sexual health topics, including anonymous Q&A
- Sexual Health & Sexuality: on-campus, off-campus and online resources related to sexual health and sexuality
- UHS Pharmacy: low-cost safer sex supplies and contraceptives
- Become a Sexpert with the Sexual Health Education Program