The Sexual Health Education Program's (SHEP) mission is to empower students in feeling comfortable with their bodies and making informed decisions about their sex and sexuality, including whether or not to be sexually active.
Students can meet one-on-one (and/or with their partner) with a trained Sexpert on Fridays from 12-3pm to:
- Discuss sexual decision-making, sexual communication, safer sex, and contraceptive options
- HIV AntiBody Test - This service is suspended for Fall 2020 due to COVID-19
By Appointment Only. Schedule your Sexpert Education Clinic Appointment today! Your appointment will automatically be added to your Google calendar. Prior to your scheduled appointment time, you will receive a Google Calendar update via email with your unique Zoom link.
If you cannot meet virtually for any reason, please use the option to schedule a Healthy Sexuality Coaching appointment.
Outreach activities are highly interactive and provide free samples of condoms, dental dams, and lube, when possible:
- Annual awareness events including Sexual Health Awareness Week and National Condom Day
- Educational presentations for your class, organization or living center; see current workshop topics
- Advice and materials for students who wish to put on their own sexual health workshop
- Random distribution of safer sex supplies to Berkeley students
To request an outreach service, complete the SHEP Resource Request Form with at least 1-week advance notice.
Sex 101: Topics in Sexual Health
SHEP interns teach two sections of “Sex 101: Topics in Sexual Health and Sexuality” for academic credit through DeCal. The course allows students to:
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, STIs and safer sex
- Examine differing preferences, ideas, and influences around sexuality
- Experience a safe space for discussion, acceptance, exploration, and understanding
SHEP Talk: blog about current sexual health topics, including anonymous Q&A
Sexual Health & Sexuality: on-campus, off-campus and online resources related to sexual health and sexuality
- UHS Pharmacy: low-cost safer sex supplies and contraceptives
- Become a Sexpert with the Sexual Health Education Program
Sexual Health & COVID-19 Resources
Safer Sex Supplies Sexpress Delivery
Choose one of 5 convenient locations on campus to pick-up safer sex supplies for your next sexperience! From condoms to lube, pick up in amounts of ten or in bulk. SHEP is here to make your next sexperience sexy and safe! Order Form
Sexual Health Awareness Week
Monday, September 14
Tuesday, September 15
Sex and Dating During COVID-19
Presentation Slides from 3:15-4:15pm with Dr. Lynne Lazarus and Sexperts Poojan, and Sarah
Wednesdsay, September 16
Sexual and Pleasure Anatomy, Sexual Response Cycle
Open Decal, 6-8pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discussion link
Would you Rather?
Polls on Facebook. Ex. Would you rather give or receive?
Thursday, September 17
Self-Love: Solo Sex
Join the Sexperts on social media
Black Male Sexual Health
The Trauma, Toxicity, and Love of Black Male Sexual Experiences Bi-Weekly, 2-3pm with Black Sexual Health intern, Corey Hollis
Email Corey at email@example.com for more information.
Friday, September 18
Sexpert Education Clinic, 12-3pm. Make an appointment.
50 Years of SHEP
This year will be the 50th anniversary of the Sexual Health Education Program! Celebrate the momentous occasion with us all week long at our events!