Energize to Be Well Challenge
This challenge has now ended.
Feb 12 - Mar 23, 2018
6-week online program for UC Berkeley staff and faculty
Do you want to have more energy, improve your health, and be more engaged and productive at work?
The 6-week online challenge promotes daily practices to help you feel energized and engaged. Taking breaks, breathing, moving, eating the right foods, resting, and even being positive can boost your energy and help you be well at work and home. Team participation is encouraged for social support and will be recognized throughout the challenge. The themed weekly newsletter includes goals, tips and resources. Submit your weekly progress for a chance to win prizes, including a grand prize of a FitBit Alta! Participating teams will be eligible for additional team-building raffle prizes.
Why join a team?
In past Energize to Be Well Challenges, those on teams were more likely to report success and to finish the program. It can also:
- Encourage team building
- Improve energy, engagement, morale, productivity, and health
- Create a healthy work culture and environment
The first 400 staff and faculty to register can receive the Energize magnet!
Personal Tracker - This tracker is simply for your own use, if you choose to use it. If you are participating on a team, you may choose to only use the team tracker instead.
Join a Team
Sign up February 12-16, 2018
All registered participants will participate as an individual; however, it is highly recommended to also sign up as a team for support, accountability, and the chance to win more prizes! This has been shown to increase participation rates.
- Minimum 2 people, but the more, the merrier
- Friday, Feb 16 is the last date to join a team
- Find out which colleagues want to join a team, which you may have done already.
- Anyone that wants to join your team must also be registered as an individual. Advise them to register on this webpage.
- Determine your team name. Get creative!
- Choose one person to be the team lead.
- Sign up using the link in the week 1 newsletter! Only the team lead will complete this for the entire team - all other team members sit back and relax!
- If your team wants to add more team members after the team sign-up has been submitted (but before 2/16), email the team name and new members' names to email@example.com.
Team leader responsibilities:
- Sign up your team through the week 1 newsletter
- Post the tracker (see below)
- Encourage your teammates to particpate, track, and complete the weekly surveys so that your team will be eligible for the prize drawings!
- Paper version - can be printed each week and posted in a common area. Team members can track by hand. Provides a nice visual reminder but may not be accessible to all.
- Digital version - can be uploaded to Google drive and team members can track from their computers. Easier to access remotely but more easily forgotten. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name if you need assistance.
|Grand Prize: Hands-On Cooking Class||Week 1 Prize: Play Kit|
Visit our Energize to Be Well resources page for useful tools, articles, websites, apps, and tips!
Past Energizing Programs
Faculty and Staff Midweek Meditation Group
Tang Center, room 3110
UC Berkeley employees are invited to join the Midweek Meditation Group in Room 3110 at the Tang Center every Tuesday at 12:15pm for a short reading followed by 30 minutes of silent mediation.
Eat Well to Energize: Nutrition Workshop with Cook Well Berkeley Demo
Instructor: Kim Guess, RD
Balanced meals can help keep your energy steady throughout the day and as a bonus, these meals are also good for weight management and long-term health! Learn how to combine food groups in a tasty way that will help you focus on work through the morning, avoid the afternoon slump, and have energy to do what you want to do when you get home from work. Presentation, brief cooking demonstration, and a sample will be provided.
Yoga for Tension and Stress Relief
Instructor: Laurie Ferris
Practicing yoga can release tension in your joints, give you greater range of movement, soothe your back, and grant you increased comfort in all aspects of your life. Learn how pranayama breathing can enhance your practice, and help liberate your mind in surprising ways. Yoga mats are provided, or you can bring your own. Comfortable clothing and bare feet recommended.