October 1, 2016
- TB testing online - TB tests may now be scheduled online (not drop-in)
- Birth control without an appointment - Start, refill or renew birth control through eTang without an appointment (oral contraceptives, patch and ring).
- Online scheduling changes - Online scheduling through eTang now features only same day Primary Care appointments - those available within the next day or so. "Future" appointments are now scheduled only phone. Improvements continue to simplify the online same day scheduling process.
- Health Opportunity Fund (HOF) is back - The Health Opportunity Fund covers up to $100 in fees for Dream Aid and Pell Grant recipients.
- New CAPS satellite - New CAPS Satellite clinic at the College of Chemistry in Hildebrand.
- CAPS queer staff flier - New LGBTQ Counseling Staff resource and flier to indicate which counselors are queer-identified.
- Suicide prevention flier - QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) CAPS trainings for students are offered every month here at Tang, with an easy online sign up form. (Faculty/Staff/GSI trainings are available).
- Big SHIP changes - SHIP changed from Aetna to Anthem, with increased benefits. The plan year shifts this year to end on July 31, with SHIP Fall 2017 beginning on August 1, 2017. The late waiver deadline moved to August 15 to better align with campus systems and processes.
- Virtual visits - New after hours option: LiveHealth Online Telemedicine available for all students - $30 for SHIP members when Tang is closed and on weekends, $49 for general community.