Welcome to UC Berkeley!
University Health Services (UHS) provide comprehensive medical, mental health, insurance, and health promotion services to all UC Berkeley students.
We have over 200 nurses, nurse practitioners, doctors, health educators, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, peer-to-peer student health workers, and more!
We are here to help you be well so that you can do well at UC Berkeley!
Get Oriented to UHS
Watch the videos below and learn about:
- How to Transition Well to UC Berkeley
- The Mandatory TB & Immunization Requirements you have as a new student
- How the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) works and how to get health care
Follow us on social media to get the latest news and updates from UHS:
All students can access UHS for any medical needs. The main building that UHS is housed in is called the Tang Center. We have primary care physicians, urgent care physicians, physical therapists, gynecologists, and specialists all in one place.
Learn about all that UHS has to offer by reading Guide to Getting Started at UHS
- All students have access to the UHS Pharmacy.
- The Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) also includes dental and vision.
- At UHS, students can see optometrists, radiologists, and get lab work done.
How Do I Start Off On The Right Foot?
Tips on the Transition to College from our Counseling Staff
- Check out the Guide to Getting Started at UHS
- Review the New Student Checklist
- Follow UHS on Social Media! - Get wellness in your newsfeed. Follow us on social media for the latest news, announcements, and health tips.
- Sign up for the Be Well Monthly Buzz - a newsletter made especially for UC Berkeley students!
- Make a #BeWellCal Game Plan
For Parents & Guardians
- Parents + community resource page
- Immunization requirements
- How students can get healthcare
- New student checklist
What is the Tang Center? Is it the same thing as UHS?
Our department is University Health Services (UHS) and the main building we are located at (2222 Bancroft Way) is called the Tang Center. We have some satellite offices for counseling or nutrition drop-in and they are not located at the Tang Center but they are still a service from UHS. Everything at the Tang Center is part of UHS but UHS is more than the Tang Center.
If I don't have SHIP, can I still use UHS services?
Yes, all students can use the UHS services regardless of insurance. If you have SHIP, there is less paperwork for you because our team takes care of it. If you have other insurance, you can use our services and file for reimbursement with your own insurance.
Where are you located?
We are located at 2222 Bancroft Way (just across the Recreational Sports Facility, the gym for UC Berkeley students).