Physical Activity Resources
According to the American Heart Association, being physically active is important to prevent heart disease and stroke, the nation’s No. 1 and No. 5 killers. The following resources are recommended to help you get started with being more physically active at home and work.
Be Well at Work - Wellness Active at Work Programs
Information on programs and resources available to help you fit fitness into your workday. Learn more about Active @ Work.
Campus Exercise Guide
Refer to the Campus Exercise Guide to learn more about exercise locations near the UC Berkeley campus.
Learn to Walk for Fitness
Online Exercise Resources
- American Heart Association - Tools for walking and how to Take the First Step
- America's Walking - Information and inspiration for those who want to start a daily walking habit and live a more active life.
- EveryBody Walk - The Campaign to get America Walking
- MapMyWalk - Go to mapmywalk.com to map out your walking route, wherever you do it!
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - Up-to-date brochures and fact sheets developed by ACSM members and certified professionals.
- exrx.net: Exercise Prescription
- exrx.net: Calories Expenditure
Exercise and Weight Management Apps
Free Online Fitness and Yoga Videos
- www.fitnessblender.com - free workout videos and programs based on desired exercise frequency, number of weeks, calories burned, body focus, training type, and equipment.
- www.doyogawithme.com - free yoga videos available based on level of skill, desired length of time, body focus and intention for each session.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is not intended to diagnose, treat or provide a second opinion on any health problem or disease. It is meant to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between an individual and his/her clinician.