Faculty/Staff Managers and Supervisors
For Managers and Supervisors:
Creating a Healthy Work Environment
Be Well at Work provides tools and resources to help managers and supervisors create a healthy work environment, prevent injury and illness, and address workplace health and safety issues.
Roles and Responsibilities of Managers and Supervisors
- What is Your Role as a manager or supervisor to create and maintain a healthy ergonomic work environment.
- Suggested Job Duties of a Department Computer Workstation Evaluator
- Wellness Program provides tools and resources to help managers and supervisors with their role to create a healthy work environment.
- Supporting Wellness at Work (pdf)
This one page checklist for managers and supervisors can help you with the role to create a healthy work environment that prevents injury and illness and promotes the health and well-being of the staff you supervise.
Wellness Ambassadors are staff volunteers that help create a healthy workplace by assisting managers and supervisors to promote Be Well at Work -- Wellness Program activities and resources within the department.
Promoting an Inclusive Work Environment
Consultations and Trainings
Employee Assistance provides free and confidential consultations for faculty and staff management, and campus administration related to behavioral health problems that impact workplace functioning.
- How Ergonomics Can Help Your Department
- Disability Management provides group consultation aimed to reinforce key concepts acquired in supervisor and manager training and focuses upon practical application in a departmental or unit group setting. Interactive dialog specific to the needs of the audience serves to support the management personnel address the disability and accommodation requirements of the staff/faculty. Group consultation is available by appointment only.
- Current Departmental Training Topics
Be Well at Work -- Faculty/Staff Health Programs offers many types of trainings which meet the needs and schedules of campus departments, worksites, and groups.
Creating a Safe and Healthy Workplace is a 3-hour training for managers and supervisors available through the KEYS Risk Management Track. Developed and delivered by Be Well at Work -- Wellness Program and EH&S, this training helps managers and supervisors with their responsibility to provide a safe and health-promoting work environment.
Disability Management: Understanding the Process is a 3-hour training for managers and supervisors available through the KEYS Risk Management Track.
Demystifying disability management and recognizing the benefits of active engagement with employees with disabilities both non-occupational and worker’s compensation. Attention to areas such as timely reporting, ADA/FEHA and Interactive Process serve as a foundation to curriculum supporting a holistic approach to disability and risk mitigation within departments and access to accommodation and resources to support both department supervisory staff and its faculty/employees.
Workplace Injuries: Prevention and Reporting
- Healthy Office Program offers managers and supervisors:
- Fact sheets to share with staff on wellness, stress management, computer ergonomics, back health, and office safety.
- Referrals to related campus resources.
- Ergonomics: Departments Planning to Move checklist
Reporting an Employee Injury
Policies and Guidelines
- Reasonable Accommodation for employees with disabilities
- Cal OSHA Ergonomics Standard
- Campus Health & Safety Guidelines for Computer Users
- CUE Contract Language on Computer Ergonomics