Healthy Office Program
Supervisors can create a healthy office environment with these resources. Share the reproducible fact sheets on wellness, stress, computer ergonomics, back problems, and office safety. A list of related campus resources is provided.
Fact Sheets for Staff
Health and Wellness
- Be Well at Work -- Wellness Program: (510) 643-4646
- Wellness workshops, healthy lifestyle management programs, walking group and initiatives to support a healthy work environment.
- See the current calendar of programs.
- See the programs available for delivery in departments.
- Recreational Sports Facility: (510) 642-6400
- Recreational Sports offers 30-day free trial memberships for faculty and staff, fitness club memberships and classes at very reasonable rates with payroll deduction. Also offered are client services such as one-on-one personal training and massage therapy.
- UC Berkeley Wellness Letter
The Wellness Letter, a collaboration between the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley, and a national team of writers and editors, delivers practical, evidence-based coverage of the news about preventive medicine, self-care, nutrition, fitness, and mental well-being in practical, engaging, easy-to-use language.
- Employee Assistance (previously known as CARE Services) for Faculty and Staff: (510) 643-7754
- Workshops, confidential counseling, assessment, referral, and consultation.
- Staff Ombuds Office: (510) 642-STAF
- Workshops and confidential consultation on conflict resolution.
- Ergonomics (previously known as Ergonomics at Work): (510) 643-2540
- Consultation and ergonomic workshops for computer users and department computer workstation evaluators.
- Ergonomics Showroom
- Call 1-877-722-9090 toll free for an appointment to try out adjustable chairs, tables, and keyboard trays prior to purchase.
- Free computer training and ergonomic keyboard shortcuts.
- Occupational Health: (510) 642-6891
- Medical care for computer-related medical problems.
- Computer Eye Clinic: (510) 642-2020 (Minor Hall)
- Eye exams for computer users.
- Ergonomics: (510) 643-2540
- Occupational Health: (510) 642-6891
- Medical care for work-related problems.
- Berkeley Walks Walking Group: (510) 643-4646
- Meets year-round every MWF at 12:10 on the south side of the Campanile.
- Recreational Sports Facility: (510) 642-5151
- The RSF offers strength training and cardiovascular workouts, as well as aerobic and instructional fitness classes. Also offered are client services such as one-on-one personal training and massage therapy.
- UC Police Department, (510) 642-6760
- Located at 1 Sproul Hall, this full-service department has primary law enforcement jurisdiction on the campus and associated University properties. The department handles all patrol, investigation, crime prevention education, emergency preparedness, and related law enforcement duties for the campus community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- BearWALK Service: (510) 642-WALK (642-9255)
- After dark, radio-equipped and trained student employees of UCPD, Community Service Officers (CSOs) provide a walking escort in conjunction with the Night Safety Shuttle to nearby residences, public transportation or parking facilities during the evening hours until 2:00 AM.
- Night Safety Shuttle: (510) 642-9255
- Provides safe transit to and from the campus for evening classes, study, and research 365 nights a year.
- Employee Assistance for Faculty and Staff: (510) 643-7754
- Dealing with violence in the workplace or other workshops and educational materials tailored to the specific concerns of your office available by special request.
- Environment, Health and Safety: (510) 642-3073
- Training on developing an effective injury and illness prevention program for your department.
- Office of Emergency Management
- Implementing programs and projects in emergency planning, training, response, and recovery.