Managers and Supervisors
Promoting an Ergonomic Workplace
Learn about ergonomic risk factors for jobs in your department and ways to minimize these risks.
- Make ergonomics training available for staff and encourage employee input in ergonomic problem solving.
- Designate a computer workstation evaluator for your department and support his or her efforts by providing time to perform evaluations and resources to implement recommended modifications.
- Contact the campus Ergonomics Specialist for a worksite assessment of non-computer jobs involving ergonomic risk factors.
- Provide ergonomic workstation furniture and job tools.
- Promote frequent, short rest breaks and alternative work activities for staff performing highly repetitive tasks.
- Encourage staff to report symptoms early.
- Send injured employees for medical treatment, report injuries promptly, and implement work restrictions and workplace modifications.
- Seek assistance on ergonomic issues from campus resources when necessary.
Questions? Please call Ergonomics@Work (510) 643-2540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cal OSHA Ergonomics Standard
- Campus Health & Safety Guidelines for Computer Users
- How Ergonomics Can Help You
- CUE Contract Language on Computer Ergonomics
- Departments Planning to Move Checklist
- Smooth Office Moves Handout
- Department Computer Workstation Evaluator Suggested Job Duties
- Ergonomic Showroom: Call 1-877-722-9090 toll free for an appointment to try out adjustable chairs, tables, and keyboard trays prior to purchase.
- A User-Friendly Workstation
- Health and Safety Workshops/Training for Computer Users
- Workplace Injury: What to do if an Injury Occurs