Be Well at Work -- Ergonomics is ergonomics program for faculty and staff at UC Berkeley.
The program promotes ergonomics in campus work environments through workshops, consultation, and coordination of the campus network of departmental computer workstation evaluators. Our goal is to help fit jobs to people.
Services provided include:
- Training programs in computer ergonomics, back care and body mechanics, laboratory ergonomics, and specialized ergonomics workshops for jobs involving tool use or lifting.
- Support for preventive computer workstation evaluations through coordination of the campus network of departmental computer workstation evaluators, including evaluator training, continuing education, and consultation.
- Matching Funds Program for purchase of ergonomic furniture and accessories.
- Preventive worksite evaluations in non-computer environments for jobs requiring use of tools, lifting and handling materials, or laboratory work.
- Post-injury worksite evaluations coordinated through the campus Occupational Health Clinic or Disability Management Services.
- Consultation to Capital Projects on ergonomic issues in the design stage of construction or remodeling projects.
- Consultation to Strategic Sourcing on recommended workstation furniture and accessories to address ergonomic risks on campus.