SHIP updates including no referrals needed for accessing medical and mental health care
For students who are enrolled on SHIP for fall 2021 and spring 2021:
- Fall 2021 coverage: August 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021
- Spring 2022 coverage: January 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022
Given the unique situation that continues around COVID-19 the following changes are now in place until further notice to help make using your insurance and getting care easier wherever you may be:
No referrals from University Health Services are needed before accessing medical and mental health care. Most providers should not require any documentation of this, but if needed, you can take this UHS letter with you.
COVID-19 testing and treatment coverage
- Coronavirus testing: Wellfleet will cover COVID-19 testing (symptomatic) and treatment at 100% until further notice (including ER, telemedicine, urgent care and office visits) similar to a preventive benefit for fully insured plans, waiving co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance for customers when treated by in-network or out of network providers.
- Coronavirus treatment:Wellfleet is waiving out-of-pocket costs for all COVID-19 treatment until further notice. The treatments that will be covered for COVID-19 are those covered under Medicare or other applicable state regulations. The company will reimburse health care providers based on in-network rates or reasonable and customary rates, as applicable.
How to access care
Some services at UHS may be offered virtually. Visit the appointments page for more information.
- You can locate participating healthcare providers on the Wellfleet provider website. You can access your health insurance card, submit claims, and review claim status on the Wellfleet website or Berkeley SHIP mobile app. If you are currently out of the country and received health care, submit the International Medical Claim Form for reimbursement.
- The student health center (SHC) at each University of California campus gladly offers reciprocal access to currently registered students from all other UC campuses under the same conditions that apply to its own students. If you visit an SHC at another campus, you may need to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed for any services you receive. Please check the Student Health Services (SHS) or Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) website of the UC campus you plan to visit for more information about fees and filing claims to UC SHIP. You should call or email the SHS or CAPS center first to see what services are available on-site or remotely during this time.
How to reach the SHIP Office:
- The SHIP office is currently open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9am to 4pm and on Wednesday, from 9:30am to 4pm. Students are strongly encouraged to first contact us by phone at (510) 642-5700, email email@example.com, or secure message through the eTang portal.
- If you have a question regarding medical benefits or claims, please contact Wellfleet Member Services at (833) 302-9785.
- Please remember to update your local address in CalCentral if you have moved or returned home during this time.