Due to campus COVID-19 changes, some services may be reduced beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 until further notice.
Building Hours for Most Services
Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm (all departments, unless otherwise noted below)
Saturday-Sunday, 10am 4pm (Urgent Care, Radiology, Pharmacy)
Please see our UHS hours webpage for exact departmental hours
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm as usual
Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm (Urgent Care)
Service Modifications & How to Best Access Care
- For all medical concerns please call us first at (510) 643-7197. This will allow us to assess your needs and best direct you. In some cases, we will be able to manage your concerns over the phone through provider phone visits.
- You are encouraged to contact the 24/7 Advice Nurse Line at (510) 643-7197 if you have symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath, or if you've had close sustained contact with a known positive COVID-19 case.
- To book routine appointments, please call (510) 642-2000 or read below to see how to make a same-day Primary Care phone appointment via eTang.
eTang Updates + How to Make a Same-Day Primary Care Phone Appointment Through eTang
IMPORTANT! Please remember to update your contact information in eTang and your local address in Cal Central if you have moved or returned home during this time.
To Make a Same-Day Primary Care Phone Appointment
Use the online appointment scheduling option — we recommend that you start with a phone appointment with one of our provider. If you need to speak to the advice nurse, call (510) 643-7197. For other appointments/concerns:
- Counseling and Psychological Services: (510) 642-9494
- Social Services: 510-642-6074
- Health Coaching: email email@example.com
- TB & Immunization Program: send a secure message through the portal
Reminder for Phone and Virtual Appointments
- Make sure your current contact information is updated on your eTang profile.
- The provider will contact you once you have booked a phone appointment. Please note that the call will be from a blocked or unknown number and the provider may contact you 15 minutes before or up to 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time.
Self-Service Options Currently Unavailable
- STI screening
- UTI testing
- Pregnancy testing
- TB tests
If you feel you need one of these tests, please call (510) 642-2000.
- Urgent lab work only. Please knock on the door for service.
- No self-directed services (STI screening, pregnancy testing, TB tests) are being offered until further notice.
- Brief counseling model has been adjusted to meet the immediate needs of students and to preserve the health of students and staff.
- All initial visits with counselors are by phone.
- Students who need support and do not have an assigned counselor should call (510) 642-9494 to schedule a phone appointment.
- Students who have scheduled follow-up appointments should check their secure messages for updates from their counselor.
- Drop-in urgent counseling has been suspended. Students with urgent needs should call (510) 642-9494 to speak with a counselor.
- Many of our satellite offices are closed. Location-specific information is available on the satellite counseling page.
- All Let’s Talk drop-in at satellite locations has been suspended until further notice
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
- For after-hours support, please call (855) 817-5667.
- Open for appointments Monday-Friday, 10-12 and 1-4.
- All copays are being charged to Cal Central.
- We will have someone bring your prescription out to you so you don't have to enter the building.
- No front desk staff at the moment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- Health Coaching and Healthy Sexuality Coaching appointments are now by phone/zoom.
- To schedule a Health Coaching appointment and you already know your provider, please email Summer Jackson (email@example.com) or Meckell Milburn (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly. To be connected to a provider, please email Health Promotion (email@example.com).
- To schedule a Healthy Sexuality Coaching appointment, please email Robin Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- HIV Antibody Testing Clinics are canceled for Spring 2020. If you are a Berkeley student with concerns about HIV, please visit our webpage on HIV testing. For other Anonymous HIV Testing sites, contact the National AIDS Hotline at 1-800-367-AIDS.
- The UHS Volunteer Program is currently on hold. More info come August 2020.
- Most outreach and events are postponed for Spring 2020 including Pet Hugs, outreach workshops, and event tabling. For questions about virtual options, contact email@example.com.
- The SHIP and Cashier office is currently closed to walk-ins. We are responding to voicemails, emails, and secure messages. Please feel free to leave a message at (510) 642-5700, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a secure message through the eTang portal.
- No referrals from SHIP/University Health Services are needed before accessing medical and mental health care. Most providers should not require any documentation of this, but if needed you can take this UHS letter with you.
- 90-day refills are now available for most prescriptions at any pharmacy
- For students who are now away from campus and living internationally, international coverage now includes routine care along with emergency care.
- The student health center (SHC) at each University of California campus gladly offers reciprocal access to currently registered students from all other UC campuses under the same conditions that apply to its own students. If you visit an SHC at another campus, you may need to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed for any services you receive. Please check the Student Health Services(SHS) or Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) website of the UC campus you plan to visit for more information about fees and filing claims to UC SHIP. You should call or email the SHS or CAPS center first to see what services are available on-site or remotely during this time.
- If you have a question regarding benefits or claims, please contact Wellfleet Insurance at (833) 302-9785.
- Please remember to update your local address in Cal Central if you have moved or returned home during this time.
Intercollegiate Atheltics/Sports Medicine
- Haas Pavilion and Simpson Center Medical Clinics and Athletic Training Rooms are CLOSED until further notice.
- If you have a non-urgent sports medicine need, please reach out to your Athletic Trainer during business hours, or call (510) 642-4878 and leave a message. You can also email email@example.com for questions that don’t include health information.
- There are limited appointments available in person and via phone with sports medicine staff on campus (at UHS), but you must have an appointment in advance, so please follow the instructions above to find availability.
- Sports medicine staff, including physicians and athletic trainers, may also be available by phone or another remote method during business hours.