COVID-19 testing information for those who are showing symptoms
Who is Eligible for Testing?
- symptoms concerning COVID-19, which may include NEW:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you think you have been exposured or a close contact, you can now use the free COVID-19 PCR Home Tests in the vending machines on campus. See Surveillance Testing page for more details and locations.
What is the Cost of Clinical Testing?
For students with SHIP
- COVID testing and office visits are covered at 100%.
For students without SHIP
- The upfront cost for COVID testing ranges from $60 to $150, depending on the type of test used. There may also be a $15 copay for a primary care provider telehealth visit or a $35 copay for an urgent care provider visit.
- Charges are billed to the student’s CalCentral account and students may obtain an itemized receipt by contacting the Cashier’s Office via eTang message to submit to their insurance company for reimbursement. Please note, each health insurance company covers the COVID-19 test differently.
- The Cashier’s Office will help any student navigate the reimbursement process. For assistance, please contact the Cashier's Office at 510-642-8450, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or currently enrolled students may send a secure message through the eTang portal.
Tang Center Testing Hours & Location
Testing is performed on the Durant side Monday - Friday 9am-4:00pm (closed for lunch 11:45am-12:30pm). Saturdays 10-2.