Health Worker Program

UHS Health Workers help create a culture of health and wellness across the UC Berkeley campus!

The Health Worker Program is a peer health education program dedicated to promoting healthy personal and residential community practices, including self-care, risk management, and use of UHS health care services. Health Workers work individually and as part of a team, and typically serve for 1-2 years in their residential or academic community.

Apply to be a Health Worker!

Please review the Health Worker Role and Responsibilities description. See the recruitment flyer and video below for more information.

Applications for our 2023-24 open positions will open on March 1, 2023. The applications will be evaluated and accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Apply here to be a Health Worker for the 2023-24 school year. The application deadline is March 31, 2023.

Applications for PHC and IFC Health Worker positions will open during Fall semester. Please check back for more information then.

If you have any questions, please email

Health Worker Recruitment Video 2021

What do Health Workers do?

  • Support people of different backgrounds for a range of health issues.  Empathize with their complex challenges. Explore options and share resources as a knowledgeable and non-judgemental peer. 
  • Dedicate 8 hours per week. Write and post weekly health tips. Be a visible and active health champion. Attend fieldwork class, 2P/NP units per semester.
  • Serve your own student community. Be a local "first point of contact” for the peers where you live (Res Halls, I-House, Bowles) or study (Academic Departments).
  • Make a one-year commitment to work, learn, and grow. Engage in experiential training and practice for the knowledge and skills that make a difference.