Support a Smoke-Free campus by integrating messages and practices into the communities you are a part of.
Post Breathe materials
- Download Breathe campaign graphics and:
- Post in your office or campus residence
- Post at known smoking hotspots and building entrances
- Add to your website with a hyperlink to this site
- Upload as the wallpaper or screen saver on your personal or departmental devices.
- Affix "Thank you for not smoking here" decals (6"x8"), especially to cover outdated "no smoking" signage (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request).
Influence your community
- Reference the Tobacco-Free policy in orientations for new members/staff.
- Organize a cigarette butt pick-up for the area outside your building.
- Discuss how to create a healthier environment within your community, and include smoking-related issues as part of that.
- Use one of UCOP's sample communications to deliver a proactive message to your staff/community members.
Talk to individuals
- Reach out to offer non-judgmental support to community members who might be trying to quit smoking.
- Respectfully confront people who are in violation of the Smoke-Free policy.