UC Berkeley Students: Manage your health online with eTang!
The eTang portal is the best way to get in contact with University Health Service departments. The portal allows you to send secure messages, schedule appointments, and more!
- Get medical advice from your clinician or the advice nurse
- Schedule most medical and health education appointments
- Send secure messages
- Transfer/refill prescriptions regardless of insurance plan
- See lab results
- Order lab test without an appointment (ex. STI, TB, and pregnancy tests)
- Send a secure message to order contraception such as the pill, patch or ring without an appointment.
- Edit Chosen Name, Pronoun, and Gender Identity
- Access the Surveillance Testing - Badge System
Self-Service Through e-Tang
- If you are unsure how to get care or need medical advice, you can send a secure message via eTang to our advice nurse or call our 24/7 Nurse Advice line at (510) 643-7197
For birth control requests, you can send a secure message via eTang to the UHS Pharmacy
- Log into eTang> select Messages > New Message > Click "Send a medication request to the UHS pharmacy" > click "Start a new prescription for birth control ONLY (pills, patches, or ring)." or refill or renew a prescription.
To order STI testing, you can self-book these by sending a secure message via eTang to the UHS Lab
- Log into eTang> select Messages > New Message > Click "order a Lab test".
Medication refills can be requested through the eTang portal if the prescription came from UHS.
- Log into the eTang portal, click on ”Messages,” create a “New Message” requesting a refill/renewal from our pharmacy, and follow the instructions.
Non-Urgent Questions to Primary Care
To send non-urgent questions to your primary care team: (allow 3 business days for a response)
- Log into eTang> select Messages > New Message > Click " Contact a member of my Primary Care Team".
Questions about TB screening or vaccination requirements
If you have questions about TB screening or vaccination requirements:
- Log into eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "Contact the TB/Immunization Team".
Can Faculty and Staff use the eTang portal?
Experiencing difficulties logging on to the eTang portal?
In most cases, clearing your cache and cookies and/or using an incognito browser will allow you to log-on.