About this Referral Database
The providers participating in the CAPS Referral Database* supply their own information about their services. Each clinician works autonomously and has separate clinical and legal responsibility for his/her/their clients. You must log in with your CalNet ID in order to access the database.
UC Berkeley CAPS offers this database as a resource; it does not constitute an endorsement of any of the listed treatment providers or facilities.
- Users assume responsibility for evaluating and selecting among the providers included in these listings.
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information provided. It is therefore important to verify information with the providers that interest you, including fees, location, and other arrangements.
- Contact your insurance company to ensure that the clinician you select is a participating provider.
- Using Email to communicate with providers is not guaranteed to be a confidential form of communication. Contacting providers by phone is a better way to protect your confidentiality
- If you need additional support in connecting with an off-campus provider, please contact CAPS at (510) 642-9494.
The CAPS Referral Listserv and Database is used by UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty to find referrals for students who need mental health services in the community. Currently, there are 3 screening requirements for interested providers:
- Provider must be licensed (Psychologist, MFT, LCSW, LPCC, MD, PMH-NP)
- Provider's office must be within a 5-mile radius of the UC Berkeley campus or provide telehealth appointments
- Provider must be contracted as an in-network provider with major insurance panels, and preferably with Wellfleet Student Health/Blue Shield Berkeley Carveout, the carrier for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Providers who are interested in applying to be on the SHIP panel (Blue Shield Berkeley Carveout, insured by Wellfleet Student Health) can make this request through BSCInitialApp@blueshieldca.com
Community Providers who are interested in being listed on the CAPS Referral Database may contact CAPS' Interim Referral Coordinator Alyssa Kurth, LCSWat CPSReferrals@uhs.berkeley.edu
*This database is intended for the sole purpose of obtaining community referrals for mental health services for students and not intended for any other use.