Primary Care Appointments
- For new problems or concerns requiring an evaluation
- Follow-up from prior visits
- If you wish to request a referral or need to establish care with your primary care provider to manage ongoing medical issues.
All students are automatically assigned to a Primary Care Provider and a clinic team. You may change your Primary Care Provider online at any time. Visit our Meet the Staff page to learn more about our Primary Care providers.
Not sure if you need a phone, video or in-person appointment, see our appointment guide.
Many services can be obtained without an appointment
- For birth control requests, you can send a secure message via eTang to the UHS Pharmacy
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "Send a medication request to the UHS pharmacy" > click "Start a new prescription for birth control ONLY (pills, patches, or ring)." or refill or renew prescription.
- To order STI testing, you can self-book these by sending a secure message via eTang to the UHS Lab
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "order a Lab test"
- Medication refills can be requested online if the prescription came from UHS
- To send non-urgent questions to your primary care team: (allow 3 business days for a response)
- Log in to eTang> select Messages > New Message > Click " Contact a member of my Primary Care Team"
- If you have questions about TB screening or vaccination requirements:
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "Contact the TB/Immunization Team"
- If you are unsure how to get care or need medical advice, you can send a secure message via eTang to our advice nurse or call our 24/7 Nurse Advice line at (510) 643-7197