Help yourself stay well this fall and winter.
Flu vaccination requirement for UC students, faculty and staff
UC Berkeley Faculty and Staff can get more details on the People and Culture Flu page.
Fall 2021 Influenza (Flu) Requirement:
A determination has not yet been made whether the influenza immunization requirement will be continued for the 2021-2022 academic year. Any changes or continuation of that requirement will be announced at a later date.
UC Berkeley Students:
- A flu vaccine is required for any students who are living or coming to campus.
- We also want to encourage all students to get a flu vaccine as an important proactive health measure for protecting the community at large.
Students can request a medical or religious exemption through the eTang portal by going to Messages, then selecting 'New Message' and choosing the option 'Select flu vaccine exemption (Students only)' and following the prompts.
- You should also update your compliance on this form (CalNet login required), either by selecting you received a flu vaccine or submitted an exemption in eTang.
- You will not get an enrollment hold or be charged a late fee.
We are asking that students voluntarily report that they received a flu vaccine, through the eTang. You can upload your records and enter your immunization date on the Medical Clearances page.
2020 Flu Shot Opportunities
- If you need a flu shot call our clinic at (510) 643-7177 for an appointment.
For Faculty & Staff
Check back after Jan 5th for more information on flu shot clinics in January.
- $30 for Faculty & Staff
- at the RSF main entrance
Flu Shot Costs
- FREE for students with SHIP.
- $30 for non-SHIP students. Please bring your Cal 1 Card. Open to eligible students only.
- You can also get a copy of your receipt by sending a message in eTang to the Cashier to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.