Faculty/Staff Disability Management
In addition to coordinating the Workers' Compensation program for the campus, Disability Management works to reduce the human and fiscal cost of workplace disability by providing the following services:
- Provides confidential consultation to faculty and staff whose disability may impact their ability to work.
- Assists faculty and staff with disabilities to stay at or return to work.
- Provides guidance on topics such as leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation, and the interactive process.
- Serves as the conduit between the University and health care providers when work restrictions need clarification.
- Provides confidential consultation to managers, supervisor and HR partners regarding workplace disability matters.
- Conducts trainings on a variety of workplace disability issues.
University Health Services, Tang Center
2222 Bancroft Way Berkeley, CA 94720-4300
The Tang Center is located on Bancroft Way at the southwest corner of campus, between Ellsworth and Fulton (Oxford) Streets. See campus map. For more about how to get to the UHS Tang Center, see our Directions page.
Due to COVID, we are currently using the entrance on Durant Avenue for student care.
The Section Club is on the first level and has its own entrances from both sides of the building (Bancroft Way and Durant Ave).
Be Well at Work - Disability Management
University Health Services (Tang Center)
2222 Bancroft Way, Suite 2100
Berkeley, CA 94720-4300
Phone: (510) 643-7921
Fax: (510) 642-6505