Read below to decide if a student may need immediate assistance.
The student’s conduct is clearly reckless, disorderly, dangerous, or threatening and suggestive of immediate harm to self or others in the community.
- Call 911 for immediate response or UCPD dispatch at (510) 642-3333.
- Report the concern to CSI and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Indicators of distress are observed but severity is unclear. The interaction has left you feeling uneasy or concerned about the student.
- To speak with someone for consultation, call CAPS at (510) 642-9494 during business hours, and call the After Hours Assistance Line at (855) 817-5667 after hours and holidays
- For coordinated campus response, please submit a report to the Center for Support and Intervention
I’m not concerned for the student’s immediate safety, but they are having significant academic and/or personal issues and could use some support.
- Refer to appropriate campus resource using the detailed list above.