COVID-19 testing information for those who are showing symptoms or have had close exposure with a positive case.
Who is Eligible for Testing?
- close contact with a confirmed case (more than 15 minutes, less than 6 feet apart, and only if between 3-10 days since exposure)
- symptoms concerning for COVID-19, which may include NEW:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What is the Cost of Clinical Testing?
For students with SHIP
- Your testing and copay fees are 100% covered.
For students without SHIP
- All medical insurance is required by law to cover COVID tests.
- The upfront cost for COVID testing is $70. There may also be a $15 copay if you had a telehealth visit with a provider from Primary care or $35 copay if you had a visit with a provider from Urgent Care. You can be FULLY REIMBURSED by submitting a receipt to your insurance company.
- Charges will be billed to your CalCentral account.
- To get a receipt to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement, please message the Cashier on eTang.
- The SHIP office will work with any student regardless of insurance to help navigate the reimbursement process.
- We don't want any students to not get symptomatic testing if they have concerns about not being able to get reimbursed, we will work with you, reach out to email@example.com.
Tang Center Testing Hours & Location
Testing is performed on the Durant side Monday - Friday 9am-4pm (closed for lunch 11:45am-12:30pm) either as a walk-up or drive-through. Test results are typically known in 2-3 business days, although on occasion it may take longer.