COVID-19 testing information for those who are showing symptoms or have had close exposure with a positive case.
Who is Eligible for Testing?
- close contact with a confirmed case (more than 15 minutes, less than 6 feet apart, and only if between 3-10 days since exposure)
- symptoms concerning for COVID-19, which may include NEW:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What is the Cost of Clinical Testing?
For students with SHIP
- Your testing and copay fees are 100% covered.
For students without SHIP
- All medical insurance is required by law to cover COVID tests.
- The upfront cost for COVID testing is $70. There may also be a $15 copay if you had a telehealth visit with a provider from Primary care or $35 copay if you had a visit with a provider from Urgent Care. You can be FULLY REIMBURSED by submitting a receipt to your insurance company.
- Charges will be billed to your CalCentral account.
- To get a receipt to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement, please message the Cashier on eTang.
- The SHIP office will work with any student regardless of insurance to help navigate the reimbursement process.
- We don't want any students to not get symptomatic testing if they have concerns about not being able to get reimbursed, we will work with you, reach out to email@example.com.
For students and residents living at University VIllage there is no out of pocket costs for symptomatic testing, testing costs are covered by grant funding at this time.
Tang Center Testing Hours & Location
Testing is performed Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm (closed for lunch 11:45am-12:30pm) on the Durant Avenue side of the Tang Center either as a walk-up or drive-through. Test results are typically known in 2-3 business days, although on occasion it may take longer. See below for testing location at University Village.