On-campus Resources

Image of the Tang Center

TALK (to a mental health professional)

  • Let's Talk drop-in consultation with a CAPS counselor. This is not a formal counseling session. Speaking with a counselor in a confidential setting can help you access support, provide perspective, help you explore resources and options and discuss how counseling might be helpful. "Let's Talk" is designed for students who are wanting to talk to a counselor casually. It is not appropriate for students needing urgent help.

  • Social Services - Services are topic-specific and aim to help students strengthen coping skills, problem solve, and identify resources. Social Services is open to all registered UC Berkeley students regardless of insurance plan.

  • Career Counseling - Students interested in Career Assessment Consultations, Career Library Resource Tours, or TAO Coaching Sessions can use this link to access all of these appointments, or they can email careerlibrary@berkeley.edu to get started.

  • Individual Counseling:

    • with a UHS counselor

  • UHS Psychiatry -- Students interested in an evaluation for psychiatric medication need first to meet with a counselor in either Counseling & Psychological Services or Social Services.

  • For students with SHIP, Teladoc is another option for ongoing therapy and psychiatry services (medication management for mild-moderate depression and anxiety) through online video sessions. 

  • The ProtoCall behavioral health services after-hours support line is available 24/7/365 (855-817-5667)

Therapists in the community can see students more frequently and longer-term. If a student is seeking medication evaluation/management, they might also consider a community psychiatrist