Limited Primary Care Medical Appointment
You may experience some limited access getting primary care medical appointments at UHS. This is temporary over the next few weeks as we work to increase access to our services.
We are currently prioritizing care for those with timely medical needs including:
- injuries requiring a clinical exam, X-ray, splinting, or crutches
- acute or worsening illnesses
- any care requiring prescription medication
- COVID-related care
- those that need to establish medical care for ongoing health issues
At this time we are asking students to defer routine preventative care appointments at UHS until later this semester.
Here are some additional ways to access care NOW -- often without needing to come in!:
- For cold, flu, or COVID symptoms (sore throat, nasal congestion, cough, fever) look HERE
- For birth control requests, you can send a secure message via eTang to the UHS Pharmacy
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "Send a medication request to the UHS pharmacy" > click "Start a new prescription for birth control ONLY (pills, patches, or ring)." or refill or renew a prescription.
- To order STI testing, you can self-book these by sending a secure message via eTang to the UHS Lab
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "order a Lab test"
- Medication refills can be requested online if the prescription came from UHS
- To send nonurgent questions to your primary care team: (allow 3 business days for a response)
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click " Contact a member of my Primary Care Team"
- If you have questions about TB screening or vaccination requirements:
- Log in to eTang > select Messages > New Message > Click "Contact the TB/Immunization Team"
- If you are unsure how to get care or need medical advice, you can send a secure message via eTang to our advice nurse or call our 24/7 Nurse Advice line at (510) 643-7197
- For students on SHIP, you can access Teladoc services, available 24 hours a day, including weekends and campus holidays
- For students on SHIP, you can access medical services outside of UHS (no referral is needed)
Additional resources to get your questions answered:
- Surveillance and symptomatic/exposure testing can be booked on eTang
- COVID testing for travel requirements
- see our webpage for upcoming clinic dates for those needing to complete their 1st or 2nd dose
- currently, we are asking students to hold off on scheduling non-mandatory immunizations through UHS