Faculty/Staff Employee Assistance
Managers and Supervisors
Employee Assistance provides confidential consultation and training services for faculty and staff management, and campus administration related to behavioral health problems that impact workplace functioning.
This includes but is not limited to: mental illness, chemical dependency, interpersonal problems, employee deaths, threats of violence, work stress and change management.
One of the key components of a supervisor’s role is managing an employee’s job performance. However, it can feel overwhelming and isolating to struggle with managing workplace concerns. Supervisors or managers are encouraged to contact Employee Assistance when concerned about an employee or work group, or looking for a neutral place to discuss a workplace situation. Our team is equipped to assist faculty and staff in common workplace issues or during a serious critical incident. As an internal employee assistance program, we are knowledgeable and familiar with UC Berkeley’s culture and organizational departments.
Services Available to Faculty and Staff Management
- Consultation, either by phone or in-person, on workplace issues, such as employees with work performance problems or employees with personal concerns.
- Discussion on how to communicate effectively with an employee, or on how to approach a difficult/complex situation.
- Assistance in developing a course of action plan with a troubled employee.
- Critical incident response following crisis events.
- Consultation around current or anticipated restructuring within your department.
- Workplace threat of violence assessment and management - in coordination with UCPD and UCB Behavioral Risk Assessment Team (BRAT).
- On-site small work group facilitation. These may be on specific topics designed to increase employee self-awareness or may be in response to a traumatic event such as a death in the workplace.
- Workshops and trainings customized to department needs. Topics include but are not limited to: Orientation to Employee Assistance, Stress Management, Resilience and Renewal, Bullying, and Change Management.
- Educational materials, including Employee Assistance brochures and handouts.
- Policy, program and behavioral health benefits consultation.
For more information, call Employee Assistance at (510) 643-7754 or email email@example.com