If You've Tested Positive Outside of UHS
We are asking that if students, faculty, staff, and other campus affiliates get a lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 test from an outside provider/lab to voluntarily call our University Health Services CONFIDENTIAL line at (510) 643-8227 to inform our clinical teams.
We want to offer our support and services to help those through their care and recovery. It will also help us be aware of the number of positive cases so we can plan our services and resources to support the campus community.
Your private information will not be shared beyond that required for Public Health. Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Are you a student, faculty, staff member or campus affiliate
- Spell your first and last name
- Date of Birth if you are a student, or Employee ID for staff/faculty
- The city you tested positive in
- Date of the confirmed positive test
- Contact number and email address
Testing Sites in California
- COVID-19 Testing Sites in California
- Here’s a searchable map of coronavirus testing sites in the San Francisco Bay Area that don’t require a doctor’s referral. Use this list to find drive-through and other testing centers near you.
Additional resources for free COVID testing:
- Alameda County has a list of free community testing sites. You do not need a doctor’s note or medical insurance to get tested, you will not be asked about your immigration status, and most test results are available within 2-5 days.
- Carbon Health has clinics or pop-up testing sites.
- City of Berkeley - LHI Care or Curative are two options
- City of Oakland - free to anyone living in Alameda County
- SF City - Any SF resident with at least 1 symptom, a known exposure to lab-confirmed COVID19 or a frontline worker
- San Mateo County - Project Baseline- Free testing to anyone without restriction
- Santa Clara County - Free for symptomatic, those with known exposure to lab-confirmed COVID19, frontline workers
- Walgreens is offering no-cost, contactless COVID-19 testing at select locations in partnership with the PWNHealth provider network.