COVID-19 testing information for those who are showing symptoms
Who is Eligible for Symptomatic Testing?
- symptoms concerning COVID-19, which may include NEW:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What is the Cost of Symptomatic Testing?
For students with SHIP
- Now until 11/11/2023: COVID testing and office visits are covered at 100%.
- After 11/11/2023: COVID testing is covered at 90% and there is a patient responsibility of 10%. There may also be a $15 co-pay for a primary care visit or a $35 co-pay for an urgent care visit.
For students without SHIP
- The upfront cost for COVID testing ranges from $60 to $150, depending on the type of test used. There may also be a $15 copay for a primary care provider telehealth visit or a $35 copay for an urgent care provider visit.
- Charges are billed to the student’s CalCentral account and students may obtain an itemized receipt by contacting the Cashier’s Office via eTang message to submit to their insurance company for reimbursement. Please note, each health insurance company covers the COVID-19 test differently.
- The Cashier’s Office will help any student navigate the reimbursement process. For assistance, please contact the Cashier's Office at 510-642-8450, email email@example.com, or currently enrolled students may send a secure message through the eTang portal.
UHS Symptomatic Testing Hours & Location
Symptomatic testing is performed on the Bancroft side (patio area) of the Tang Center. Appointments are booked on eTang.
Monday - Friday from 9 am to 4 pm (closed for lunch 11:45 am- 1 pm)
Saturday 10am - 2pm