What is Let’s Talk?
The CAPS Let's Talk program provides easy access to informal, brief, consultation sessions with mental health professionals from UC Berkeley's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). It is free and there is no paperwork to complete.
Speaking with a therapist during Let’s Talk can help you access support, gain perspective, explore resources and options, and discuss how therapy might be helpful.
Let’s Talk sessions could be used to
- learn more about mental health resources and virtual therapy services
- talk about stress and anxiety related to academics and/or relationship concerns,
- talk about challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- learn about healthy ways to cope with stress and other concerns
- get emotional support and identify ways to increase social connection during shelter-in-place
- create a menu of therapy options to consider, or identify a future plan of action with CAPS
Although Let’s Talk consultations are with mental health professionals, they are not therapy sessions and do not constitute mental health treatment.
Let’s Talk meetings are not part of the student’s mental health records. Let’s Talk is not for urgent concerns.
If you are in crisis or need immediate support, please call CAPS at (510) 642-9494. If CAPS is closed, please call the CAPS after-hours support line at (855) 817-5667.
Virtual Let's Talk Schedule
See the schedule below or download the flier on the right.