Services at the Tang for SHIP Dependents
Starting May 1, 2020, UHS is now able to provide care at the Tang Center for any dependents who are 18 and over that are currently on the SHIP plan.
We are currently offering dependents the following services at UHS:
- Urgent Care services
- STI testing and treatment
- Reproductive health services
- Access to Teladoc and Nursing Advice Services
- Adult immunizations including seasonal influenza
- Primary Care appointments including phone appointments
- Pharmacy services if seen by a UHS provider
- Lab and Radiology services if seen by a UHS provider
- Physical therapy if referred by a UHS provider
- PrEP if prescribed by a UHS provider
- Psychiatry services
How to access care
Dependents will need to call the appointment office at (510) 642-2000 to schedule all phone and in-person appointments. Dependents are asked to confirm their name, date of birth, current contact information, and the subscriber’s policy number.
Note: Dependents do not have access to eTang portal to make appointments.
How to pay for care
Dependents who receive care at the Tang Center will receive an invoice through the mail from the UHS cashier department. Dependents have the option to make payment by check via mail or make payment by cash, credit card, or check in person at the SHIP Office on Wednesdays from 8am - 4pm.
At the pharmacy, please let them know you are on the 'SHIP dependent plan’ and the copay will be collected at the time of service.
Note: All services, including prescriptions, are subject to the deductible.
Questions about SHIP
Please contact the SHIP office by leaving a message at (510) 642-5700 or email at email@example.com.