Services at the Tang for SHIP Dependents
Starting May 1, 2020, UHS is now able to provide care at the Tang Center for any dependents who are over the age of 18 that are currently on the SHIP plan.
We are currently offering dependents the following services at UHS:
- Urgent Care services
- STI testing and treatment
- Reproductive health services
- Access to Teladoc and Nursing Advice Services
- Adult immunizations including seasonal influenza
- Primary Care appointments including phone appointments
- Pharmacy services if seen by a UHS provider
- Lab and Radiology services if seen by a UHS provider
- Physical therapy if referred by a UHS provider
- PrEP if prescribed by a UHS provider
How to access care
To make an appointment, dependents should call our appointment office at (510) 642-2000 to make appointments and get services. At this time, dependents do not have access to eTang to make appointments, so they will need to call the appointment office for all appointments and care.
We are asking when dependents call to make an appointment to confirm their name/date of birth, current contact information, and the policy number of the subscriber.
How to pay for care
Dependents who receive services at UHS will pay the same prices as those with SHIP coverage. Dependents who receive care with us will receive an invoice through the mail from the UHS cashier department. The dependent will be asked to preferably mail back a check covering the billed amount or they can come to the Tang Center to make a payment in the SHIP Office on Wednesdays from 8am - 4pm. At the pharmacy, please let them know you are on the 'SHIP dependent plan’ and the copay will be collected at the time of service.
For any questions, please contact the SHIP office by leaving a message at (510) 642-5700 or via email at email@example.com(link sends e-mail), or send us a secure message through the eTang portal(link is external).