Services at UHS for SHIP Dependents
UHS provides care at the Tang Center for dependents who are 18 and over that are currently on SHIP.
Dependents have access to the following services:
- Urgent Care services
- STI testing and treatment
- Reproductive health services
- Access to Teladoc and Nursing Advice Services
- Adult immunizations including seasonal influenza
- Primary Care appointments including phone appointments
- Pharmacy services if seen by a UHS provider
- Lab and Radiology services if seen by a UHS provider
- Physical therapy if referred by a UHS provider
- PrEP if prescribed by a UHS provider
- Psychiatry services
How to access care
Dependents may call the appointment office at (510) 642-2000 to schedule all phone and in-person appointments. Dependents are asked to confirm their name, date of birth, current contact information, and the subscriber’s policy number.
To request access to the eTang portal, dependents would need to contact the SHIP office at 510-642-5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Dependents will be asked to provide their name, phone number, and email address.
With eTang portal access, SHIP dependents can schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, view lab results, communicate with providers, and much more all online.
How to pay for care
Dependents who receive care at the Tang Center will receive an invoice through the mail from the UHS cashier department. Dependents have the option to make payment by check via mail or make payment by cash, credit card, or check in-person at the SHIP Office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9am to 4pm and on Wednesday, from 9:30am to 4pm.
For prescriptions, please let the pharmacy know you are on the 'SHIP dependent plan’ and the copay will be collected at the time of service.
Questions about SHIP
Please contact the SHIP office at (510) 642-5700 or email at email@example.com.