Counseling for Haas Students
Don is currently providing phone and Zoom video counseling sessions for all registered Haas students (i.e., undergraduate, FTMBA, EWMBA, Executive MBA, MFE and PhD students).
However, due to licensing laws, you must be located in the state of California to be eligible to receive on-going telecounseling services. One-time consultations are possible if you are located out-of-state and are interested in an assessment and then local referrals in the state where you currently reside.
Don believes that striving for wellness and wholeness is an important part of any success strategy. He can help you make progress with any number of issues you may be struggling with at this time or anytime during your Haas experience. No issues are too small or too large for you to reach out for support, new insights, new skills and a new perspective to help you better manage your current stress.
How To Get Started
Types of Services Available
If you are a Haas student in need of a single-session consultation, regular counseling
sessions or campus and community referrals (including medication, DSP academic
accommodations, group support, SHIP Teladoc referrals, and/or longer-term, private, specialized psychotherapy), please contact Dr. Don Capone.
- Phone: (510) 642-4853 or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do NOT send personal health information. Just briefly indicate your interest in a 45 minute consultation. Email is not a secure mode of communication.
- Please send your *maximum* availability for at least two weeks from the date that you contact him as demand for appointments is typically high.
- You can schedule an appointment by phone or email above to discuss your important needs. Once you meet, future correspondences should be through secure messages on the e-Tang portal.
Don's Hours & Availability
- Most Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am-6pm.
- No Friday or weekend appointments are available at this time.
- By appointment only
- Free and completely confidential.
- The initial consultation and subsequent sessions are free regardless of whether or not you have SHIP insurance. Sessions are typically 45 minutes.
Counseling and Psychological Services
You may also choose instead to contact Counseling and Psychological Services at the Tang Center at (510) 642-9494 if you prefer to receive video or phone counseling services with a different counselor for any reason. If you have a preference to work with a counselor with one or more shared identities, please feel free to make a request when you contact the Tang Center to schedule an appointment.
Don does not have any urgent drop-in counseling services at this time.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the Tang Center offers same-day urgent support for all students. During COVID-19, these services are available by phone. Please do not come to the Tang Center for drop-in services. Instead please call and ask to speak to a counselor. During operational hours (10am - 4pm, Mon- Friday) please call (510) 642-9494. If you need support during hours that CAPS is closed, please call the afterhours support line at (855) 817-5667